• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] How to use Vent with Full Screen?

G

Gyvalor

Can anyone share the way you use Vent while playing EC in full screen mode? I used to use the Left "CTRL" button to toggle mic in vent but since switching to EC I would have to click off screen to use vent but clicking off screen in full screen mode shrinks game to task bar.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone share the way you use Vent while playing EC in full screen mode? I used to use the Left "CTRL" button to toggle mic in vent but since switching to EC I would have to click off screen to use vent but clicking off screen in full screen mode shrinks game to task bar.
Ya man you just have to run vent as admin, you prolly know how, but right click the vent icon and select "run as administrator" a box will pop up just confirm and your set.

Now if you could tell me how to get cartographer to stay on top for full screen mode id be set = p

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
common issue with vent using in games, and solution is what roland said. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've found I have to run BOTH vent and UO as Admin.... Seems to solve the issue.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya man you just have to run vent as admin, you prolly know how, but right click the vent icon and select "run as administrator" a box will pop up just confirm and your set.

Now if you could tell me how to get cartographer to stay on top for full screen mode id be set = p
Or you run UOSA.exe as normal user, then you can use all programs using hotkeys ;).