• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to transfer?

T

Tezcat

I need to know how to transfer cash/items to another of my characters on the same server. I can't seem to find this out anywhere.

G

You have few options:

If you have a house, its easy, secure a chest inside, place your items, log out, log in your other character

no house, you have a greater problem:

With only 2 solutions:

1) If someone that you trust in the game (another player), hand them the items (or bag of items you want transferred) Though realize that unless you know this person outside the game, anything can and might be kept by this other person

2) You need to find an out of the way corner, in a building that has very little player traffic, use your circle of transparentcy (its in your options) once you have or circle on, walk into a corner, drop bag on floor, ran like hell to the nearest inn/tavern log out, log in your other character, ran like hell back to the place you stashed your items (again use a bag/pouch for multiple items), turn you circle on again or use ctrl + shift to bring up object handles, grab the bag take your items back to your bank.

C

Cat Crimson

Slight variation on Warsong - actually use a very quiet Inn/Tavern for the transfer, saves running about quite so much and enables you to log in and out quicker. Use pouches for preference as they are less visible to the naked eye ( alhough obviously visible to anyone who uses their ctrl + shift kets )

G

one problem with an inn/tavern is you do not know, when , who has loged off there. or when they might log back in.

I know from the way I play, at the inn/tavern I choose to log off, and I change my log off area from time to time. I always check my object handles (ctrl + shift)

and if I see a bag/pouch/whatever, I usually pick it up. Because if it on the ground its fair game for any character. Heck I ususally pick up bags lying around at the banks too, you would be surpirsed at what people throw down.

From time to time I check discarded bags at heartwood. I found some rare reciepes from doing this. Heck I even completed a set of slayer talismans by just doing this.

Thats why I prefer an outlying building in a town where few people frequent. but thats just me.

C

Cat Crimson

Well, that's why I said " quiet Inn ". There are many towns where people rarely even go to the bank, let alone the inns/taverns
Also if you put the pouch right out of obvious sight it can be completely hidden from the untrained eye, which face it, is most people. I routinely use ctrl +shift when I am out and about but not if I happen to log on in an Inn. Sometimes I will use it by a bank if someone has been dumping stuff - just to see if I am missing out on any goodies.

Also, if you happen to have two accounts on one server but no house and need to transfer things safely, this used to work - buy a pack animal on one account and friend it to characters in the other, in a town on any Trammel ruleset facet this used to be a pretty safe way to pass things to and fro.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also, if you have Kingdom Reborn and 2D both on your computer, and both are fully patched up to date, you can do the following...

1. Log into 2D normally, on one account.

2. Go into the program folder of Kingdom Reborn.

3. start Kingdom Reborn using the file uokr.exe - this bypasses the patch server, and allows you to have both clients going at once.

4. Log into the second account using KR.

5. Do the trade, then log out the KR account.

6. If necessary (If you typically play KR as your main client, now log out of 2D, and restart KR normally).

Note that having both clients this way makes your computer extremely laggy, so it's only worth doing for inter-account transfers in the Trammel ruleset, or the occasional emergency rez of one account's pet by the other's tamer, if you can't find someone else on with their tamer.