• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to transfer gold to shard w/o transfer shields?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Be more specific and someone may be able to do that.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I have everything on Pacific. Without transferring characters is there a way to transfer gold to another shard. I thought when they changed the banking system we would be able to move gold around easier. Thinking of checking out Origin.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I have everything on Pacific. Without transferring characters is there a way to transfer gold to another shard. I thought when they changed the banking system we would be able to move gold around easier. Thinking of checking out Origin.
the only way to transfer gold is a transfer token or a shield transfer.

you could find someone trustworthy to transfer gold for you, or trade gold on one shard for gold on the other.

other than that, there are no other methods.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Go look at vendor search on Origin and make sure you want gold there.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know Origin is dead. Pac doesn't seem much better. Vendor search on Pac doesn't even have a runic over bronze. I've been running around Tram, Fel and Malas for two days and have run across 3 people outside of town. Haven't seen a single red in Fel. What's most frustrating though is that all the good house spots for castles and keeps look damn near exactly as they did ten years ago except for a few upgraded ones. I'd prefer to place a castle on pacific but it's not looking likely.

I have bags full of runics and rewards I can't even get an idea of price on because there's none on vendor search.

I'm only days away from 14th year vet rewards and I have 17 rewards to choose so I'll have all the shields I need.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Look around some shards and wait till you are ready.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have transport to Pac... I'm on Atlantic.

I have access to Napa too... but its just as dead as Pac.

Its a matter of trust! Otherwise your paying some "professional" and losing money.

Seeing all the dead shards, we stopped claiming transfer shields a few years back. All I do is collect gifts and bring them back to Atlantic... to sell. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have shields to every shard if you really do need something transferred it would just take me a day to get to Pac and another day to go from Pac to Origin if that's where you want to go...

GL's has a decent population that's not too horribly over crowded like Atl is... I hear LS also has a decent population... there are generally things for sale on GLs and if you ask about you can usually find what you need...

If you just need to buy things and get them to Pac I could probably do that and have you pay me when I get there with the stuff. But if you are considering jumping shard then we can talk about that.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mofo.

While I was THINKING ABOUT IT, and running around, the two spots I found now have brand new shiny empty castles there. FFFFFFFFFFF.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't understand why someone who is "days away from shard shields" would make a post asking how to transfer gold without the use of shard shields. Maybe I read the post wrong, maybe it's still early here, maybe........

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand why someone who is "days away from shard shields" would make a post asking how to transfer gold without the use of shard shields. Maybe I read the post wrong, maybe it's still early here, maybe........

Well because castle spots don't stick around for long usually. Case in point I had two spots found in Tram and they're both gone now. I also don't know how many days I am away from 168 months. I read vet reward status updates every seven days so I could be two weeks away from 168th month. Don't know. Then I have to wait for the Shard shield to make a token. 30 days right?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Then after you get the token, you xfer gold to your Xfer account, go to the new shard, and shop till the cows come home, also the stuff in you bank account are all accessible in the new shard, so make sure you make some room in the bank box for your new stuff ahead of time. And dont forget to get in the bank box the token to get back to your shard if you want..Or at least I hear thats how it works, since I dont have shields, yet.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I have never done this, so I assume the above from others that say they xfer regularly. Is it true that all the stabled pets xfer with you also, and you bank xfers with you..Right? Can some1 confirm please?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I couldn't find a definitive answer to this question on either Stratics or UO Wiki.

According to UOGuide Character Transfer Token - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia, stabled pets do transfer.

Also note that, when you use a $20 Character Transfer token, you can also transfer following pets, such as 5 packies stuffed with stuff.

My account still hasn't rolled over to 168 months yet but it should any day now. I'll confirm for sure then.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have never done this, so I assume the above from others that say they xfer regularly. Is it true that all the stabled pets xfer with you also, and you bank xfers with you..Right? Can some1 confirm please?
Yes stabled pets and contents in bank other than gold transfer with you.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yes stabled pets and contents in bank other than gold transfer with you.
I see..So to xfer gold you will need to put it into the "transfer account". Then when back home you need to put it back on the regular account. Is this correct?
Thanks for the info @Pawain. :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see..So to xfer gold you will need to put it into the "transfer account". Then when back home you need to put it back on the regular account. Is this correct?
Thanks for the info @Pawain. :)
Yes Transfer account both directions.