• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to swap between offensive and defensive mode on enhanced client.

Caduto Angelo

Visitor
UNLEASHED
Figured out how to swap between bladeweave's offensive and defensive mode on EC.

Make a macro that targets your mount then add two use targeted object components.

When you activate the macro you'll see a targeting window similar to the one in my picture. If you right click on it then you can swap between offensive and defensive mode on your pet.

Attachments

mihali

Sage
Figured out how to swap between bladeweave's offensive and defensive mode on EC.

Make a macro that targets your mount then add two use targeted object components.

When you activate the macro you'll see a targeting window similar to the one in my picture. If you right click on it then you can swap between offensive and defensive mode on your pet.
This must have been Ninja'd in by the Dev system. Nice discovery. Would check on TC1 to see if and how it works in action. Even if the 2 defensive modes can be picked from the 7 random abilities, there are still 5 offensive abilities that are totally random, unless they somehow changed this. That I would like to see.
But even more important than Bladeweave, imagine if you have a Triton that you trained at Chiv/AI and added Feint : That would be awesome to use as a super tank in some encounters and offensive in some others, if you can change offensive/defensive mode with the above macro.
Also would be nice if similar macro / method would work on the CC. They should allow single left click the pet and be able to choose, if the option has already been programmed in the code.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice. I made a post on the effectiveness of bladeweave. We were only able to do it with CC I think.

I was not impressed with bladeweave. But there is a difference in the modes.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This must have been Ninja'd in by the Dev system. Nice discovery. Would check on TC1 to see if and how it works in action. Even if the 2 defensive modes can be picked from the 7 random abilities, there are still 5 offensive abilities that are totally random, unless they somehow changed this. That I would like to see.
But even more important than Bladeweave, imagine if you have a Triton that you trained at Chiv/AI and added Feint : That would be awesome to use as a super tank in some encounters and offensive in some others, if you can change offensive/defensive mode with the above macro.
Also would be nice if similar macro / method would work on the CC. They should allow single left click the pet and be able to choose, if the option has already been programmed in the code.
Any Triton with over 200 str can get AI/Feint/chiv.

My archer with no vet or heal uses one.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would be nice to know if the modes offense/defense the OP describes, whether they are functional or just "visuals".
Like I said I tested in both modes. It works. But knowing what spell your pet will do works much better.

mihali

Sage
So a Chiv/AI/Feint Triton, could be placed in the mode to do only Feint as defensive, and in other circumstances can be se to offensive or Chiv/AI for instance? That would be very nice. Ty for info was not aware we can do this. Kind of like the digging tools or pickaxe in mining you can set it to different things, like ore, jewels etc. Was not aware of this feature for pets.

Caduto Angelo

Visitor
UNLEASHED
Nice. I made a post on the effectiveness of bladeweave. We were only able to do it with CC I think.

I was not impressed with bladeweave. But there is a difference in the modes.

It was your post on Bladeweave vs AI for Cu Sidhe that inspired me to look into this further.
My theory is this works for all pets, but the reason we've only seen it on mountable pets is due to mounting making the pet disappear.
I think the menu is essentially an unconnected submenu that's only becomes visible when the pet cannot be selected as a target directly targeted, but is still targetable.

I'll continue testing today and see if I can figure out a way to make that menu appear.

Theories:
Casting invisibility on a pet and using stored target macros will bring up the context window

Changing a pet from offensive to defensive mode amounts to triggering a command based upon a stored id
User actions are triggers for stored lua procedures and accessible via
1. Command line by adding / before a command in the EC chat window
2. Creating macros with the command feature.

Storing the pet as a variable and running a second command will changes a pet's mode.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So a Chiv/AI/Feint Triton, could be placed in the mode to do only Feint as defensive, and in other circumstances can be se to offensive or Chiv/AI for instance? That would be very nice. Ty for info was not aware we can do this. Kind of like the digging tools or pickaxe in mining you can set it to different things, like ore, jewels etc. Was not aware of this feature for pets.
Only pets with bladeweave have modes. It is part of that ability. So the pet chooses defensive or offensive spells more. But they still choose all of them.

A pet with feint just does feint when it activates it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was your post on Bladeweave vs AI for Cu Sidhe that inspired me to look into this further.
My theory is this works for all pets, but the reason we've only seen it on mountable pets is due to mounting making the pet disappear.
I think the menu is essentially an unconnected submenu that's only becomes visible when the pet cannot be selected as a target directly targeted, but is still targetable.

I'll continue testing today and see if I can figure out a way to make that menu appear.

Theories:
Casting invisibility on a pet and using stored target macros will bring up the context window

Changing a pet from offensive to defensive mode amounts to triggering a command based upon a stored id
User actions are triggers for stored lua procedures and accessible via
1. Command line by adding / before a command in the EC chat window
2. Creating macros with the command feature.

Storing the pet as a variable and running a second command will changes a pet's mode.
Great work keep trying!

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was it ever determined if selected mode is pet specific or global? If global, then changing mode via machete toggle might accomplish the same thing.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

hi
can you share a screenshot of your macro plz
mine just rides the cu with the macro
1667248573638.png