• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to solo Rikktor

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Died like 10 times, then gave up.

Is it possible to solo Rikktor with a CU?
I've never tried but I don't see why not. But I imagine an AI/chiv cu would work pretty well. Just make sure to stand back when Rikktor is about to do the area attack.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sampire will function better than a tamer. Necro/Tamers also do well here. Which location?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I expect most of those that say something like "It should be possible, I don't know why not" have never actually tried.

I haven't been able to solo him with a tamer. His damage output is so high, you need to heal or vet constantly, but if you get close, he turns on you and practically 1-hit kills you. I don't know how to do it.

Gardo

Journeyman
I expect most of those that say something like "It should be possible, I don't know why not" have never actually tried.

I haven't been able to solo him with a tamer. His damage output is so high, you need to heal or vet constantly, but if you get close, he turns on you and practically 1-hit kills you. I don't know how to do it.
What’s your pet or pets of choice? How is it (are they) scrolled? What is your build? Are you running consume mastery?

While I have not attempted this particular spawn, I get your frustration. Give a little more information and perhaps someone can assist you with a good strategy.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What you do is you let your pet attack him for quite awhile until your pet is low on health then you run in mount the pet run off heal it up and then send the pet back in again... really isn't that horrible... I have done it with my unicorn the problem comes in when you misjudge when he's doing his AoE attack and you get near 1 hit killed by him.... and then he hits you again before you get away.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I like to use a chiv lesser Hiryu on him..the G. claw weakens hits attacks while allowing your hiryu to wittlle him down(chiv cu is also very effective but takes more burst so ya have to heal it more or pull it in and out of combat)..I play a weaving temp so will run into his EQ zone just long enough to toss a heal over time on the pet then a fast stone wall between me and the champ as if he cant see you he cant breath you plus because of the new line of sight aggro coding they added to the game it will allow you to move in and out safely without a switch to you(unless you take a tic of his aoe).. and even if he does switch ya just toss another wall invis and you are safe again without having to run super far away from your pet and break mastery..His coding is a lot like a paragon or the T rex where moving can cause a switch.. so if ya want to get in close while remaining out of his aoe zone.. use teleport to move around him instead of walking to insure he doesn't switch(when stone wall is down that is). ..Once he is at the 36% for word of death its all over.. he dies in just a few cast .. =^-^=
P.s. If you temp rocks eval and magery don't forget to bless your chiv pets as that extra 77-91 Str(depending on magery and eval lvl) on a chiv pet = some monsterious armor ignores and white swings..

Last edited:

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Currently my tamer is 120 Taming/Lore/Magery/Discord/Music, 80 vet / 40 med.

Ride a lesser hiryu, whirlwind, AI, grasping claw, bushido. never runs out of mana, 120 in each of wrestling/tactics/anatomy/resist/med.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
His damage is 25/50/0/0/25 So you'd probably want to use one of those eodon Pets with like 90+ Fire resist.