• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to play in production cities & TC3

G

Hi

I know someone on here said they have another folder to enable them to play 1 account in a production city and another accouount in TC3.

Could someone please post an idiots guide or 'how to' for me please

Thanks

M

Monkeybear

Copy and paste your whole TSO Folder then you will have 2 copies of TSO, rename one like "TC3TSO" and use 1 for production cities and the other for TC3. I have 3 different TSO folders 1 for BV, 1 for TC3 and 1 for production cities.

G

OK in prog files I have a Maxis folder and in that a tso folder - do i copy the tso one as you said (just want to make sure i get it right)

M

Monkeybear

Yes in the maxis folder copy the whole of the sims online so there will then be 2 copies in the maxis folder

G

thanks again

Ill do it twice as I play in BV too :)

Does that save all the patching?

M

Monkeybear

Yes, when you have your 3 folders

go into

maxis/thesimsonline/TSOClient/ You will see TSOClient.exe right click and select create shortcut for each 1.

Then you will have 3 TSO Shortcuts, play and patch each 1. E.g. patch 1 of them to BV, patch 1 to TC3 and patch 1 to normal cities

G

thanks again Monkeybear xxxxx

*worships @ monkeybears feet*

K

kristilynn729

Would this be the same for the ealand folder? Or do u have to do something different?

E

EricaSKID

Thanks for the walk thru about how to create the folders and shortcuts. I play in 3 cities (AV, BV and TC3) and get tired of patching between the 3. I created the 2 needed folders for BV and TC3. Now all I need to do is play each folder and patch to the correct city.

M

mike1977

Not just copied folder, but installed it again with the new download that defaults to /Electronic Arts/Ealand. So when I want to play in old cities, I run from old install that defaulted to /Maxis/The Sims Online.