• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to make it on Siege Perilous

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Today I have released the first part of an ongoing series of guides on how to make it on Siege Perilous with cheap gear on our public Siege discord server.

The first part of the series will focus on PvM dexxer templates.

I will keep publishing guides for PvM caster templates and tamer templates (+ their respective pet builds) and suit building guides.

All of the above will be tailored towards the Siege Perilous ruleset and will focus on cheap equipment as to give newcomers a chance to get established and lay the economic foundations to allow them to PvP one day.

Click Here To Join The Free Public Siege Perilous Discord Server

Shalimar/Cleo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is going to be absolutely fabulous for the majority of us, thank you Max. A one-stop shop for template needs.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Good initiative but why not just post them here on the Siege board?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Everyone has an agenda... *smiles* Max did make me go look today, though.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly. Lately, there seems to be a handful of new posters every week. It's quite nice.

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice stuff!
I just wish we could go away from the " make Everything yourself " mentality that usually kill trading, but then again newcomers dont have a ton of soulstones etc :)

Good work Max

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
because over there I have full control and simply set it to "read only" for everyone and don't have to watch stuff getting buried under a lot of other posts etc.

Maybe work out a compormise with Stratic Mods, maybe completed templates could be stuck (in sticky section) and covo on Discord?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe work out a compormise with Stratic Mods, maybe completed templates could be stuck (in sticky section) and covo on Discord?
It would create more work to keep stuff updated across several boards. I'd like to keep them in one place and only post links in others.
Also my recent experience with the stratics mods didn't exactly serve to increase my willingness to trust or work with them.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would create more work to keep stuff updated across several boards. I'd like to keep them in one place and only post links in others.
Also my recent experience with the stratics mods didn't exactly serve to increase my willingness to trust or work with them.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must be getting old this discord thing makes Zero sense to me :)

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it's basically icq (or any other real time text chat), ventrillo (or any other voice chat) and stratics (or any other kind of message board) combined into one platform.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I read through it, learned that you and Bo suck :) And decided it would give me a tumor the size of Texas to try and keep up with it :) Happy though That most other folks enjoy it and have another way to communicate.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
no need to keep up with some of the trash talk in there but there are text channels that are more useful like the selling/buying channel, the template advice etc.

If I remember correctly you're more of a solo player but for people who like to play with others or simply want to chat the voice channels offer an easy way to get in touch without having to type.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no need to keep up with some of the trash talk in there but there are text channels that are more useful like the selling/buying channel, the template advice etc.

If I remember correctly you're more of a solo player but for people who like to play with others or simply want to chat the voice channels offer an easy way to get in touch without having to type.
Yeah I pretty much play alone with the exception of occasionally doing some things with a couple of friends or helping newer folks with things now and then. More than enough drama IRL for me so I pretty much avoid in game drama which seems to just happen when engaged in group in game activities :)

The template advice is solid and I can see myself using the trade channels to get rid of stuff instead of hoarding stuff :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll believe that when I see it *chuckles*
Hey you would be proud I spent 3 hours last night organizing the new junk in the keep. Moved those kings collection boxes to the first floor and weapons and armors in their own boxes instead of 125 armor pieces, weapons, jewels, resources, crafted junk all mixed in together and 60 boxes just like it :) BTW got you a couple of Tritons for when you can play more (Statue Form) . Might get a good one instead all the under 120 wrestling ones I had to claim to get my two good ones on Siege. Still annoys me every one I claimed on prodo was over 122 wrestling 18 of the 20 I claimed on Siege were under 120 LOL.