• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to make a Equip Last Weapon Macro

A

Adder_Atl

I asked in another post, why the option wasnt available.. After a little experimenting, I figured it out.

Make a marcro starting by dragging in the Equip Item>

Drag in your trusty weapon.

Next add another Equip Item> throw in another weapon

Give it an icon and assign a key binding and wahlah.:danceb:

EquipLast Weapon macro.

I was hoping it would allow you to put multiple(more then 2) weapons in, but it seems to only work for 2.

T

TheGrayGhost

I asked in another post, why the option wasnt available.. After a little experimenting, I figured it out.

Make a marcro starting by dragging in the Equip Item>

Drag in your trusty weapon.

Next add another Equip Item> throw in another weapon

Give it an icon and assign a key binding and wahlah.:danceb:

EquipLast Weapon macro.

I was hoping it would allow you to put multiple(more then 2) weapons in, but it seems to only work for 2.
Just a heads up there is an additional limitation with this method. It seems you can only do this with 1 handed and 1 handed or 2 handed and 2 handed. Setting it up with a 1 handed and 2 handed weapon doesn't seem to work.

O

Old Man of UO

Just a heads up there is an additional limitation with this method. It seems you can only do this with 1 handed and 1 handed or 2 handed and 2 handed. Setting it up with a 1 handed and 2 handed weapon doesn't seem to work.
You can get around that limitation by checking the repeat box and have it repeat twice.

The first time the macro runs, it gives you the message, "You already have something in both hands." The second time it runs it will equip the item or items.

The macro repeats itself so fast you don't notice the difference.

T

TheGrayGhost

You can get around that limitation by checking the repeat box and have it repeat twice.

The first time the macro runs, it gives you the message, "You already have something in both hands." The second time it runs it will equip the item or items.

The macro repeats itself so fast you don't notice the difference.
Just tried that and it's still telling me I can only wield one weapon at a time. Can you give me the exact macro incase I am simply making it wrong?

O

Old Man of UO

Just tried that and it's still telling me I can only wield one weapon at a time. Can you give me the exact macro incase I am simply making it wrong?
Tell me exactly what you have in your hands (Right and Left, one or two handed) and what you are trying to put in them (Right and Left, one or two handed). I just want to be sure I don't misunderstand what you are trying to do.

T

TheGrayGhost

Tell me exactly what you have in your hands (Right and Left, one or two handed) and what you are trying to put in them (Right and Left, one or two handed). I just want to be sure I don't misunderstand what you are trying to do.
First Weapon is The Holy Sword with no shield, second weapon is The Redeemer.

Macro is Equip Item Holy Sword, Equip Item Redeemer. Repeat is on after you suggested it and its set to repeat 2 times.

O

Old Man of UO

First Weapon is The Holy Sword with no shield, second weapon is The Redeemer.

Macro is Equip Item Holy Sword, Equip Item Redeemer. Repeat is on after you suggested it and its set to repeat 2 times.
Okay, I've found two ways to create macros to do this without repeating the macro. One way is to Arm/Disarm both hands first, the second way is to Unequip both hands first. Both seem to take about the same amount of time, and work with one or two hand weapons. See which you like better. Note:you may need to adjsut the delay depending on your lag and internet connection.

Equip using the Unequip Macro command:
Unequip - Rt Hand and Lft Hand checked; Delay 0.1 second; Equip Weapon

Equip using the Arm/Disarm Macro command:
Arm/Disarm - Rt Hand; Arm/Disarm - Lft Hand; Delay 0.1 second; Equip Weapon

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, I've found two ways to create macros to do this without repeating the macro. One way is to Arm/Disarm both hands first, the second way is to Unequip both hands first. Both seem to take about the same amount of time, and work with one or two hand weapons. See which you like better. Note:you may need to adjsut the delay depending on your lag and internet connection.

Equip using the Unequip Macro command:
Unequip - Rt Hand and Lft Hand checked; Delay 0.1 second; Equip Weapon

Equip using the Arm/Disarm Macro command:
Arm/Disarm - Rt Hand; Arm/Disarm - Lft Hand; Delay 0.1 second; Equip Weapon
It works!! Genius! I used the Arm/Disarm method and made three separate macros for the three weapons my test subject happened to have available--a bow, a hatchet, and a dagger. Labeled each macro for the weapon that was equipped in the last step and dragged them to a hotbar. Very nice. Thank you so much for figuring this out.

P.S. Will also experiment with the "unequip" method as well.