• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to know if a Cu sidhe has stats that make it worth keeping?

M

mookin1

I see that they can vary in stats, such as resists, is it possible to get one with the highest possible in all resists? As you train the Cu sidhe does the resists go up or are they always going to be the same as when you first tamed it?

What is a good way to judge if a Cu sidhe is worth keeping? What resists/skills should I look out for? I've been going by the barding difficulty, high barding difficulty = tougher?

G

The Hunters Guide has almost all the info you seek. Smart tamers have this in their favorites lists.

Here's the Hunters Guide entry on the Cu Sidhe I completely love Hunters Guide and use it regularly.

<blockquote><hr>

I see that they can vary in stats, such as resists, is it possible to get one with the highest possible in all resists?

[/ QUOTE ]Possible, just supremely unlikely. Best I've managed with very heavy spawn turnover since release of ML is a cu with one off max resists, the downside to that pooch is it has low hit points and strength.

<blockquote><hr>

As you train the Cu sidhe does the resists go up or are they always going to be the same as when you first tamed it?

[/ QUOTE ]Resists neither gain nor fall. Really, it's a matter of:- What you see is what you've got so pick yourself a good'un.

<blockquote><hr>

What is a good way to judge if a Cu sidhe is worth keeping? What resists/skills should I look out for?

[/ QUOTE ]Personal preference thing. Really.

My own cu-keeper cut-off is:- 590hp (good strength is a pure bonus while mana is not a factor), and a minimum of no more than -5 of max on any one resist.

Since Max Resists are 65-45-85-50-85 then that means I seldom keep anything with less than 60-40-80-45-80.

This is my working pup, Baz, and he does just fine:-

All tamers will have or develop their own ideas which suit them and their own templates. There is no right or wrong or better or worse, just what suits us individually. And perhaps it's a matter, too, of just how long we're prepared to haunt the Weald and cull spawn until our own very individual idea of "the perfect pup" pops up before our weary eyes.