• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] How to Install Mods or UIs

M

miniciti

Forgive me if this is somewhere on the forum, but I couldn't find it easily. I remember not too long ago struggling myself to try and figure this out. If this is somewhere else, mods, please delete this thread.

I thought we should have a simple thread on how to install these wonderful mods/UIs so that those that are too shy to ask aren't thumping their heads against a wall.

1. First, download the file you want to use. If it is in a compressed format, be sure to unzip it. It doesn't matter where you save your file.
2. Then, select and copy the unzipped folder (ctrl-C).
3. Then, navigate over to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\UserInterface (this is on Windows 7, not sure what the path would be on other operating systems). Paste the folder that you copied earlier here.

4. Now, start the EC. At the login screen there are 5 tabs at the top. One of them says "Custom UI". Click on that button. It will open up a drop down list of all the folders that are in your "User Interface" folder. Select your User Interface, then hit Okay and start playing!

Hope this helps someone!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Couple of additions...

When installing make sure that the directory structure is as follows:

...\UserInterface\InterfaceName\Source (etc)

and NOT:

...\UserInterface\InterfaceName\InterfaceName\Source (etc)

Also, if you already have a UI installed and you're updating to a newer version, make sure you DELETE the old version first and install from scratch. Every so often a "fix" will be to remove an older file, and failing to do so will cause the "fix" to not occur.