• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to increase success chance?

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm wanting to craft some charybdis bait, but the success chance is only %5. With my 25% talisman, are there any other items I can use to increase chance? Thanks

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What skill is that?
If it's cooking, there's an apron that increases exceptional chance, but not base chance. And, there's nothing for alchemy besides talismans AFAIK.

So, I doubt it.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
use a master craftsman talisman (bod reward)
so you don't lose the ingredients on failures

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Master Craftsman talismans are available for each crafting skill with BODs as BOD rewards. They are supposed to be specific to the skill, but there's reports of one skill's talisman using another skill's Master Craftsman talisman on failures to save components. I've not had reason to check, as thanks to a deal in the past, I have all I need of nearly every component except for cooking, alchemy and stiff that requires ML drops like the big gems (and I tend to give away the Carp & Fletching BODs that require them). The Master Crafting talismans have a shape depending on their skill, have regular and exceptional bonuses (usually not very good) for that skill, and charges for saving the consumables on failure. The talisman remains after the charges are used but are not rechargeable (at least, not when I tried).

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Master Craftsman talismans are available for each crafting skill with BODs as BOD rewards. They are supposed to be specific to the skill, but there's reports of one skill's talisman using another skill's Master Craftsman talisman on failures to save components. I've not had reason to check, as thanks to a deal in the past, I have all I need of nearly every component except for cooking, alchemy and stiff that requires ML drops like the big gems (and I tend to give away the Carp & Fletching BODs that require them). The Master Crafting talismans have a shape depending on their skill, have regular and exceptional bonuses (usually not very good) for that skill, and charges for saving the consumables on failure. The talisman remains after the charges are used but are not rechargeable (at least, not when I tried).
i know for a fact that you can use any master craftsman talisman
and it will use up the charges on each failure.
(I didn't know about that until I read about it & i tried it.
i sometimes do that when I don't have a runed switch in my pack)

very useful when making things with low success rate