• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] How to get the max possible resists

O

Oaka

My current goal is to make pieces with 20ish Physical and Fire on the same piece of leather armor and have 3 imbued properties.

Would crafting normal leather pieces with a spined runic kit and then enhancing after I've imbued it be best?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, but even then you'll be hard pressed to get 20+ on Physical and Fire (take a LOT of attempts in crafting, and then even more enhancing failures).

Though, if you ended up with one runic property (Fire Resist) at or near maximum, with at least one of the 6-11 random resists in it, you'd have the 20+ fire. You could then imbue Physical as a 4th property (up to 17 before enhancement), and get it to 19 with the enhancement - or even 22 if you feel lucky and want to enhance with spined (which of course only adds 5 physical and 40 luck). It would be quicker in the long run to do it this way, but you end up with 19 physical instead of 20 (then again, physical resist is easy to make up elsewhere, like the vet reward clothes, earrings and other things).

O

Oaka

I know someone selling the forged metal of artifacts and was gonna buy one to make the suit. So enhancing will be 100%

I have a ton of spined runic kits that have just been sitting in a chest collecting dust, figured I'd burn all of them if needed.