• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to get "of [shard name]" in the title menu?

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How do I get the title "of [shard name]" in the title menu? E.g. "Nero of Atlantic" while playing on Atlantic (not test center).

I got 7 characters on my main account. Character 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 have the option "of Atlantic" in the title menu as "Overhead Name". Character 5 and 7 do not have the option (again, not on test center). I have no idea how I got this title on five characters to begin with, and am absolutely clueless why two characters do not have them. The numbers mentioned here is the chronological order in which I created the 7 characters.

For the records, I am not playing on Atlantic currently, but on a smaller shard which I do not want to name here. Could it be that it is a shard-specific bonus some characters might have gotten by the local staff?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
do the chars that have the shard name, are also members of a city?
maybe it has to do with city loyalty

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They are all members and "respected" / "baron" in their cities.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just tested for YOU.
A char which was created on Atlantic and transfered for skilling on my homeshard. Ready to go back as a Blacksmith.
I Have choose the transfer to TC option(from Drachenfels).
I have to relogin to see the new title option.
upload_2019-10-29_18-15-22.png

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if you copy any character over to TC you will then get the option to put that title over your head.
i made a mage with the same name on ever shard in game years ago, i then went and copied each of them over to TC.
so now when i log into any shard i pick my main mage and behind his name it says (of Great Lakes) or whichever shard im on.
its just one of those fun things we do to amuse ourselves in the long winter months.

now, i know what some of you are thinking..... if i go over to Asuka and then come home will i be able to keep the Asuka name?

no.