• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Inscription] How to Gain Inscribe

D

DVDA

FAQ is pretty weak and stratics doesnt say much

What should be created from 90 to 100.0? I've been making 8th Circle Spell, just randomly

A

Arch Magus

Definitely spellbooks.
With the chances to create some nice slayers, these are well worth it. And you'll gain well.
Donate the rest too the library.

D

DVDA

Can thanks, Slayer books are the only ones worth keeping? or are their other valuable books I could accidently make

A

Arch Magus

Basically the ones people want are the Super slayers.
Demon, repond, reptile, undead, elemental, and errrr I forget the 6th one.

I can't think of any book people may want besides those.
Maybe a 1/2 with LRC or something would be nice.

maybe give some to some new players.

I forgot!! with the new expansion coming out, try and get some Gargoyle slayers and save them! I bet they will sell well later on.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I would not recommend making spellbooks unless your magery was also over 100 (110 preferably). Modified skill seems to be the key factor so at the very least scroll up and use jewels and a +10-15 spellbook to get max magery. You get a much greater chance of multiple mods and superslayers when your magery is high. I personally keep all superslayer books and triple mod books. Be sure to complete the library turn-in quest before you start making books. It's a tedious process to turn them in, but worth it when you can claim a prize.

BTW, the other superslayer is arachnid. Not sure yet if there will be a market for gargoyle slayer books. The devs said garg slayer will not benefit PvP vs gargoyle characters. Nonetheless, I'm keeping all my garg slayer books if they have at least one other mod just in case.

-OBSIDIAN-

A

Arch Magus

I would not recommend making spellbooks unless your magery was also over 100 (110 preferably). Modified skill seems to be the key factor so at the very least scroll up and use jewels and a +10-15 spellbook to get max magery. You get a much greater chance of multiple mods and superslayers when your magery is high. I personally keep all superslayer books and triple mod books. Be sure to complete the library turn-in quest before you start making books. It's a tedious process to turn them in, but worth it when you can claim a prize.

BTW, the other superslayer is arachnid. Not sure yet if there will be a market for gargoyle slayer books. The devs said garg slayer will not benefit PvP vs gargoyle characters. Nonetheless, I'm keeping all my garg slayer books if they have at least one other mod just in case.

-OBSIDIAN-
Ahhhhhh, not for PVP, but I bet there's plenty of Gargoyle dudes and maybe even Gargoyle bosses that people will want slayers for. :D

Mark my words. hehe.

X

XCodes

I would not recommend making spellbooks unless your magery was also over 100 (110 preferably). Modified skill seems to be the key factor so at the very least scroll up and use jewels and a +10-15 spellbook to get max magery.
As far as I can tell, there's a hard requirement of at least 105-110 Magery for Super Slayers, and even then the odds are at most about 1 in 1000 books.

0-33.3: Train from New Haven.
33.3-50: Get the newbie quest and scribe 4th-circle scrolls at New Haven (Lightning is the cheapest, Recall is the most useful).
50-100: Get a +25% Inscription Bonus talisman (or higher) and scribe Spellbooks. Remove the talisman once you get to around 80 skill for gains.

Sell all created scrolls to the vendors for a marginal profit, or keep them for personal use. Donate all created spellbooks to the Britan Library for nice items, except Super Slayers which you can sell for ludicrous amounts of cash (a few others might be worth a few K as well, such as Dragon slayers).

G

GFY

If you have a vendor you can sell recall scrolls to players for a quite a bit higher profit. Some players will buy them in bulk to fill up spell books for their non-mage characters.

X

XCodes

If you have a vendor you can sell recall scrolls to players for a quite a bit higher profit. Some players will buy them in bulk to fill up spell books for their non-mage characters.
Not really. Some Mage NPCs sell recalls for 42 gold each, and they have an initial stock of 500.

M

Maximilliean

50-100: Get a +25% Inscription Bonus talisman (or higher) and scribe Spellbooks. Remove the talisman once you get to around 80 skill for gains.
Is there a particular elf or elves that have a better chance to give you an Inscription Bonus Talisman?

I

InspectorGadget

The secodn you can make spellbooks...make spellbooks.

120magery and 150int(im certain this helps)

I did that, made my full set of superslayers(some with nice mods...SDI, LMC MR) byt he time i had GM'd and enough points for a tali.

Maybe a little slower than normal...but "faster" as you dont use mana

D

Demoquin84

Can something like this be added to FAQ?

Also ... what if you dont want to make spell books the rest of your life? Can you provide what lvl spell to how much skill?

I am currently at 53 skill

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Specific slayers (non supers) do more damage now than the supers do.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can something like this be added to FAQ?

Also ... what if you dont want to make spell books the rest of your life? Can you provide what lvl spell to how much skill?

I am currently at 53 skill
As with all crafting skills, you will get your best gains from making items you have 40%-60% success at making. See the Inscription skill page on stratics for a calculator for success chance at skill level.

At 53 Inscription you have a 41.8% chance at making 5th circle scrolls.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I start a new char on an other shard, I usually start with inscription. I dont inscribe spells where my success chance is below 50%. It is possible to GM without touching 8'th circle spells. I might need to inscribe a few more spells for my gains, but the money I am getting from selling the finished scrolls to the npcs really helps me getting started. (And I usually pick only one scroll of each circle ... usually the one with the lowest reagencie costs.)