• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to figure out SSI?

G

Ok here is my Question for the Experts. Mace weapon with a swing speed of 2.75's has SSI 20%. What will be the swing speed for the weapon. I am not worried about any other factors but just what the weapon will swing for.
Is it for every SSI 5% knock off .25's or SSI 10% for a .25'S?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's the formula (found here):
Speed indicates base Swing Speed in seconds. To determine actual swing speed, use the following:
1. Take the weapon speed in seconds, and multiply it by 4 to get the speed in "ticks." If you are barehanded, you swing at 2.5 seconds, or 10 ticks. Example: The Halberd (4.25 second base speed) has a base speed of 17 ticks.
2. Figure out Stamina Ticks (Current Stamina / 30, rounded down.) Example: Current Stamina = 50. So Stamina Ticks = 1.
3. Figure out Swing Speed Increase item property modifier. Example: 20.

Apply those results to the following:
a. Hit Start = ((Base Weapon Speed - Stamina Ticks) * (100.0 / (100 + Swing Speed Increase)))
ex. Hit Start = ((17 - 1) * (100.0 / (100 + 20)))
c. Make sure minimum swing time is never less than 5 ticks (1.25 seconds).
ex. The calculated Halberd Hit Start speed = 13 ticks (3.25 seconds)

As an example, I have an Ornate Axe that has a weapon speed of 4.25 ( 4.25 * 4 = 17 ticks) and SSI of 30. My stamina is 160 (160 / 30 = 5.3 ticks rounded down to 5). so...
Hit Start = ((17 -5) * (100 / (100 + 30))) = (12 * .77) = 9.24 or 9 ticks. 9 /4 = 2.25 seconds per swing.

G

so the weapon would swing at 2.075 and with 90 Stam i would be swinging at 1.4525 which would make getting anymore stam worthless? At 120 Stam it would be 1.245 and thats too low?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything rounds off, so 1.245 would round off to 1.25, which is the fastest you can swing a weapon. So 120 is exactly where you want to be with your stamina.

G

Thx Setnaffa !!!!!!

Only 106 more Stam points to go ROFL I hate new chars