• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to empty a pitcher of water?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
OMG! I feel like a complete idiot! I just want to empty a pitcher of water. How can I do this.
Not sure what you are looking to do but you can also buy empty glass pitchers so you don't need to manually empty the water pitchers.

Jazzer

Adventurer
Thanks guys. I wanted to get a water barrel for my house because I wanted to start on the cooking skill. I read that you could get one by going to the docks and emptying one there and just pick it up. So, I went and bought a water pitcher, but it was full (I didn't know you could buy an empty one). So here I am, going to different things to try and empty this pitcher and couldn't do it. It was funny but I felt like an idiot because I could not accomplish, what I thought would be, a simple task. In the end, I just made dough until it was empty. Anyway, I got my water barrel. Thanks for the suggestions and sorry for the stupid question. Play and learn, right! Lol.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks guys. I wanted to get a water barrel for my house because I wanted to start on the cooking skill. I read that you could get one by going to the docks and emptying one there and just pick it up. So, I went and bought a water pitcher, but it was full (I didn't know you could buy an empty one). So here I am, going to different things to try and empty this pitcher and couldn't do it. It was funny but I felt like an idiot because I could not accomplish, what I thought would be, a simple task. In the end, I just made dough until it was empty. Anyway, I got my water barrel. Thanks for the suggestions and sorry for the stupid question. Play and learn, right! Lol.
This the perfect analogy for all of UO for new players

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
for future reference

you can double click it and target your health bar
repeat until empty
(the only time I saw this not work, was on Sonoma,
when we filled empty pitchers with liquid from pitchers EM Rawiya placed around Trinsic)

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you're going to be using a lot of water, Endless Decanter of Water may come in handy.

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For cooking skill you might want to craft or buy a water trough instead of a water barrel. A water barrel would have to constantly be refilled where a water trough would not. Then as mentioned above you can link an Endless Decanter of Water to the water trough.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, that barrel will empty with one pitcher of water. Or you could have found an empty barrel and poured the full pitcher in it. Open one that is locked remove items and full it and empty it again, it releases.

I use a claw foot tub as a source for an endless decanter.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theres also a trick used if your setting up a work station for crafting & want to limit the graphical footprint for whatever reasons (limited space, less clutter, etc,...).

Use goza mats to place certain necessities like anvils, water troughs, etc above other items then lock it down & use a house placement tool to lower one item into another. All my forges have anvils lowered into them since both are needed & it frees up alil space. If an item needs to be targeted or clicked on, just leave a small piece of it visible so it’s targetable.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theres also a trick used if your setting up a work station for crafting & want to limit the graphical footprint for whatever reasons (limited space, less clutter, etc,...).

Use goza mats to place certain necessities like anvils, water troughs, etc above other items then lock it down & use a house placement tool to lower one item into another. All my forges have anvils lowered into them since both are needed & it frees up alil space. If an item needs to be targeted or clicked on, just leave a small piece of it visible so it’s targetable.
I do something similar. I needed the water source in my 'kitchen' but didn't like the look of the water trough in there, so I placed two of the marble bar pieces, raised them up, put the water trough below and then 'buried' it under them. (another way to use a water trough with a differerent look is to place a couple of plants, raise them up, make the trough in Yew and lower the plants onto your new 'planter').

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I do something similar. I needed the water source in my 'kitchen' but didn't like the look of the water trough in there, so I placed two of the marble bar pieces, raised them up, put the water trough below and then 'buried' it under them. (another way to use a water trough with a differerent look is to place a couple of plants, raise them up, make the trough in Yew and lower the plants onto your new 'planter').
How i wish we had an architect or interior designer "class" that allowed people to do such things then deed to be sold..

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I love the claw foot tub, can be set to be in a continuous motion, plus you can place a vendor (UO Naked) in the tub. There are other items in game that are a water source, pretty sure the fountain of life is. The new ones are cute.
5-10-22230001.jpg 5-10-22230002.jpg 5-10-22230003.jpg 5-10-22230004.jpg 5-10-22230005.jpg 5-10-22230006.jpg 5-10-22230007.jpg 5-10-22230008.jpg 5-10-22230009.jpg