• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] How to do to get loyalty?

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

my main smith is also an artificer but he is still not loyal to the queen.

I don't like hunting with my smith he is kind of weak in heat of battle.
:gee:

Until now I have made my relic with a human artificer at public forge but resources is harder and harder to get.
I guess its time to break down and try to get loyalty so I can use queens forge.Is it possible to get loyalty outside abyss in the open fresh air?

Smith has some magery skills,would normal vortexes make it?
I understand that the task will be somewhat hard but I don't fancy to make my brave smith a warrior.

Regards
The Scandinavian

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you head from the moon gate east ..your facing the stairs to town..

Then head up and then east again over the bridge theres a bunch of Toxic sliths that spawn there...
Its near a gargoyl launch pad.....

EV,s work greath on them.
But be carefull there fast litter bugers......

i think its 30 or 35 points per and there respawn is fast there....
Theres also a few sliths ...

K

Kallie Pigeon

Is this a quest? Do you need to agree to a quest to do this?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No quest needed, but killing toxic sliths will eventually get you the loyalty you need. It will just take a while....

Suggest taking a bag of sending and either a butcher's war cleaver or Harvester's Blade, and skin the dead sliths.

K

Kallie Pigeon

How about casting a summoned Daemon? My imbuer is training in magery and it would be good to practice the daemon cause I have about 400 summon daemon scrolls that I found on an IDOC back at the creation of Trammel. Still need to get a little more skill before I can cast them.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Any summons should work. The benefit to a Daemon or elemental is that you can cast healing spells on them to keep them alive (though to do so, you may have to toggle something off in options, in 2D).

K

Kallie Pigeon

Can you kill anything or do you have to kill certain level creatures or certain creatures? Also do you need to be a gargoyle? Sorry for all the questions I was just trying to look it all up and couldn't find the right page.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

thank you for help so far.
Seems like I can get loyalty in the free air.
Goodie.

I actually have a vollem...but I will try summoned deamons fist.
35 points per kill,that will take some time.

You don't need to be a garg and you can kill whatever you want.
Just check your points so it actually gives some points per kill.

Regards
The Scandinavian

K

Kallie Pigeon

I decided to try my imbuers luck at killing things and killed a couple toxic sliths and a regular slith and a Annoken or something like that (black spiderlike creature that has a red name) and a ruddy boura. I didn't see any indication that I earned points. Is there some way to check how many points you have? I haven't tried the summoned daemons yet cause my magery is still too low but bladespirits and energy bolts and some explosion potions and conflagration potions seemed to do the job. The boura was the most difficult, it seemed to dispel my bladespirits or kill them real quick. Didn't think I could deal with stuff like that at his skill level but cool so now I can train in magery and gain points and get imbuing stuff all at the same time. Now that makes me happy. Efficiency is the most important thing when you don't have much time.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

in the same menu that you can toggle insurance you have loyalty points.
Just klick it and it will say how many points you have.

Regards
The Scandinavian

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi I found using the quests from Percolem the Hunter, found just west of the palace in Ter Mur, a great help in gaining loyalty points, he gives Slith quests etc and you get the bonus of some gold and gear for completing the quests :D

K

Kallie Pigeon

Thanks for all the help. You know I would be happy playing this game if there were no quests or loyalty points or other such stuff but sometimes it's good just to get me out of my mode and trying things I wouldn't normally try. I never would have thought my imbuer who is around 66 magery with no med or eval and only 43 int could take on those bad creatures. But my imbuer is gm alchemist and I have been saving a mana suit of armor just for the outside chance I was going to have to train an mana consuming skill. It's probably not to great but it's around 40's in resists and has 62 mana increase, 8 int increase, fcr 2, mana regen 5, lmc 26, lrc 13 whcih gives me about 110 mana and make's it hard for me to run out of mana since I fail casting so much that my mana goes back up. Anyway thanks again for all the help and letting me hijack this thread. :)

K

Kallie Pigeon

I am at about 1280. I tried the summon demon thing to kill an Ortanoid or something like that. It took like 6 demons to kill it since it would dispel them right as it was getting near death so on the last one I chain cast mind blast till it was dead and all for nothing since I gained no fame or karma and it had no loot, I hope at least it gave me some points in loyalty. That monster would dispel my bladespirits imediately but the Demon lasted pretty well. I haven't tried them for toxic sliths but I bet they would easily kill them. I have been getting magery gains from casting bladespirits so I just kept doing that.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just finished my reputation for the Queen's forge. I used Energy Vortexes. My imbuer has only 92 magery total (with items) and about 148 mana with maybe MR 4 total on my gear. No meditation or focus, just magery. It only took me about 3 hours killing toxic sliths to go from 2000 to 10000. Even with all the failures, EV's are the way to go. Be warned, toxic sliths are a bit on the fast side and can easily kill you if you let them get too close. Have arch cure up and ready to go. Healing stone was really helpful.

I tried Blade spirits and earth eles, but they both kinda sucked. I just sat north and east of the bridge, cast EV's and pulled sliths to me. Good timing on self invis is a must =p.

K

Kallie Pigeon

I have about 71 magery and climbing (no eval or med). I am however gm alchemy so I can cure the poison from toxic sliths with one greater cure potion. I probably should make a macro because I had 2 sliths chasing me and that is difficult because they are fast and I missed the cure potion and drank a refresh instead. I ran off and healed up and went back and summoned demon with a scroll but the toxic sliths were killing it off so I had to chain cast greater heal on it to keep it alive. However it killed the two pesky toxic sliths and a couple more but by itself it would die. It was a littel slower than 2 bladespirits however. If they get on me I throw a greater confusion pot and it gets them off of me and lets the blades target them or I drink an invisibility potion. Once they are occupied with the bladespirits I come back and get ready to recast bladespirit since it takes me 2 to 4 to kill one toxic slith, however I often gain on casting them or when I cast dispel.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are the coordinates of where the queens forge location, and how do you dtermine how many points you have obtained by killing things?

L

LionUWF

the forge is in the big palace in the middle of tel mur NW of the normal soulfiorge i believe, and if using 2d single click yourself and choose loyalty rating

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the forge is in the big palace in the middle of tel mur NW of the normal soulfiorge i believe, and if using 2d single click yourself and choose loyalty rating
Thank You for the information, I'll check it out when I get home from work.

K

kalzaketh

as, you get to the moongate, travel, to the far south east, to the tomb of kings, on entering you will see to fires left and right, the words to use are ord anord, the signs behind the fires say which fire is which for chaos to go down say ord to drop order say anord, the putrid undead guardians can hit decent, but fall fast to ev's. invis is amust quite often