• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] How to craft ingredients

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I have GM lumberjack. I need Magical Residue, Enchanted Essence, Relic Fragment.

What should I craft to get this ingredients from unravelling?
I could get the skill needed (bowcrafting or carpentry).

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For Residue and Essence, you are better off hunting monsters, looting them dry (put it all in one container), and unravelling everything in that container. I hunted Toxic Sliths when I was training Imbuing, it also helped me get access to the Queen's Soulforge. It really about quantity of loot and unravelling in bulk.

MIBs are another good source for a bunch of random junk loot to unravel.

For Fragments, read http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-craftsman/211150-making-items-unraveling-relic-fragments-new-thread.html.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have crafted oak bows for residue (GM bowcrafting plus arms lore) Oak bokutos too I think....it's been so long but I had a lot of oak logs and not much to do with them. If you don't have the logs or have another use for them then it's much cheaper to gather junk off monsters. I have also done maps and sunken treasure and vorpal bunnies to get stuff. Now I no longer gather stuff for residue but try to get stuff which may result in essence or relic frags. I do this only as byproduct of gathering imbuing/crafting supplies.

E

elspeth

I have a related question. One can enhance high end loot and get a relic and that is totally worthwhile. But one can also enhance lower end loot to bump it up to essence quality. It seems to me that this might not be worth the time or materials to do however. What do you all think?

Also, I know I can't imbue pre-SA enhanced stuff but can I still unravel it?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have GM lumberjack. I need Magical Residue, Enchanted Essence, Relic Fragment.

What should I craft to get this ingredients from unravelling?
I could get the skill needed (bowcrafting or carpentry).
Take a backpack with you to the ish champ spawns and after I get done solo'ing them, loot all the stuff off the champs body. ;)

Loot from Swoop, Miasma, Thrasher is good as well.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Looting a monster usually take more time then killing it. Especially when other montsters attacks you.
You can say that by looting monsters in dungeons you loose atleast 100k per hour. Of course "loosing" 100k per hour is not a problem, the matter is that this occupation is so boring. Since it also is not profitable I don't do it.

I have crafted oak bows for residue (GM bowcrafting plus arms lore)
So I can gain residue from simple bows made by simple (not runic) tools?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
p.s. Are there any legal programs that help to open/loot corpses?
Or may be there are some EC macro's that can make it simple?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
nothing legal

However, the EC has the ability to right-click items in the open corpse to auto-loot them into your backpack.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looting a monster usually take more time then killing it. Especially when other montsters attacks you.
You can say that by looting monsters in dungeons you loose atleast 100k per hour. Of course "loosing" 100k per hour is not a problem, the matter is that this occupation is so boring. Since it also is not profitable I don't do it.

So I can gain residue from simple bows made by simple (not runic) tools?
yes with oak wood
eta: Maybe with other wood too but I never tried

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
The main problem is to open corpse. You keep fighting and killing monsters but new monsters spawn and attack you. A lot of corpses lie around you and you can't select new ones.
Next/nearest object macro doesn't help because it always select blood.

Another problem is you can't loot fast. You should wait after every item or you get "you must wait..." message.

And the last thing is not so big problem but still annoying. You should manually drug all looted items to a bag. And you can't find anything (weapon for example) when 50 looted items are in your backpack.