• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] How to conserve resources in the 90s?

G

guum

I'm at about 88 Imbuing right now, doing the imbue-once-then-unravel method, and recently I've had to switch from 2 residue per imbue to 3 residue per imbue -- no longer am I residue-use-neutral. No huge deal, I've got enough residue to last for a bit, but once I get up to 4 (pretty soon), I'll be eating it much faster than I recover it. Has anyone come up with any clever ways of conserving residue/essence in the 90s & 100s?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imbue with one property then imbue with a second, different property. And get lots of magical residue if you have lots of oak wood - either use a carp to make exceptional bokutos or a fletcher to make exceptional bows, then choose unravel ALL magical items on your bag.

G

guum

Imbue with one property then imbue with a second, different property. And get lots of magical residue if you have lots of oak wood - either use a carp to make exceptional bokutos or a fletcher to make exceptional bows, then choose unravel ALL magical items on your bag.
Thanks...yeah I saw your post on this in UHall and ran to check my supplies, and alas, I've only got about 1.5k oak at home (and it's in log form - ack!), and it looks like all the oak in luna has been bought out. I'm already doing the imbue two properties thing...it makes a difference but it still seems like I'm going through resources at a pretty fast clip. Ahh well...I guess I'll wait until I can pay a newbie or three to farm residue for me. ;)