• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] how profitable is it?

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So in my other thread i spoke of my quest for a large stone blue marlin, something i have strived for in real life as well.

im seriously thinking of eating a 110 power scroll and i plan to work the skill while taking the fishing quest. i saw a post in the other thread in regards to sales of such items, i.e, charibys stuff, white nets, even lobsters and crabs.

i understand the market value for white nets but didnt realize such a market exists on lobster and crab. what are people using these crustacians for ?

many thanks.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The crabs are for the Fishing Quests. Fishing itself isn't profitable, and it's rare to see people selling fish as they keep them for their own quests... the Charybdis stuff, and pretty much any high end reward is exceptionally rare, but will sell if you get it... You won't get it though unless you do hundreds of quests.

There is money to made in fishing however; the Messages in a Bottle usually turn up quite often, and if you recycle the chest for Spring Cleaning points, and sell the artifacts (Wedding Dress, Enchanted Kelp Leggings, Runed Driftwood Bow in particular) you can make a pretty penny consistently.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On my shard, you can sell all named crabs and lobsters for about 4000 each. They will stay on your vendor about one day. As fast as you can catch them, they are sold. I catch about 60 crabs and lobsters per outing with 30 traps. Even taking into account the cost of traps, the profit per outing is about 200,000. This is good money and adds up fast. However, if you play honestly, you will turn into a zombie after a couple outings is a 24 hour period.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you wanted to and didn't mind the boredom, then you could make millions on MIB's gold alone... Easily a mill every couple days...