• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How often does your EC client crash?

• Thread starter Old Man of UO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

How Often does your EC client crash?

• Never

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Less Than Once Per Week

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Once or Twice each Week

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Once or Twice each Day

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Several Times each Day

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
O

Old Man of UO

I really-really wish the Developers were more active with the players on this one, trying to pin down what causes the crashes, or telling us what we can do to minimize the crash to desktop. Still, in hopes of finding some common element, let's start asking questions to see if we can narrow the scope.

I'd like to start with a poll to see how often your EC client crashes.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I Run a duel core processor with win 7 and crash once a week or less this is on a lap top with ati radeon hd 3200 video card built in!

I have sent in a bug report!

adding this kind of info may be helpful

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I run Windows7 64 bit, Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, 6.0GB Ram, with an ATI Radeon HD 5450 Video card in it.

I honestly shouldn't have a problem but I keep crashing to the desktop whenever I change directions too fast when running.

O

Old Man of UO

I run Windows7 64 bit, Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, 6.0GB Ram, with an ATI Radeon HD 5450 Video card in it.

I honestly shouldn't have a problem but I keep crashing to the desktop whenever I change directions too fast when running.
What are your settings for Graphics? Cache?
Which UI do you use?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i have a high end machine as well , was crashing all the time, and not just Navrey, since the fix, i have not crashed yet!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
unfortunately not all the crash can be caused by the game...
many times a game can crash due to:
- Video Driver problems
- Windows problems
- Hardware failure (especially if a ram sector is damaged)
- Excessive packet loss.

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get a sudden crash once or twice a week. It doesn't seem to matter how long the client has been running either. Sometimes it can be only 20 mins after I've started it up for the day, other times it might not crash for a couple of hours, if it does at all.

If it helps, my computer is new, it's a i5 with 4gb of RAM and a Geforce 430 and is running Windows 7 Professional 64bit.

I have not fought Corgul since they said they fixed that huge AoE attack thing. Has that really been fixed?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What are your settings for Graphics? Cache?
Which UI do you use?
Um.... Settings? Since I run using a 42 inch HDTV as a Monitor my setting for that is 1080p@60Hz if that is what you mean... I run Pinco's UI with the Cache set at 1024.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Let's see... aside from a few days right after the Shame publish, EC has only VERY rarely crashed on me.

Worst problems I had was with an updated set of Nvidia drivers actually Blue-Screening Win 7 64 Bit, but since then I uninstalled and reinstalled with earlier drivers I had downloaded, and taken in the computer tower to work to be completely air-blasted to get all of the dust blown out and everything has been stable and solid since.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never crashes on desktop (Intel Quadcore 2666mhz, 4GB RAM, WinXP 64-bit), but that desktop never ever crashes on anything, even notoriously unstable stuff as unpatched elder scrolls games never have issues either. Maybe because I let my memory run 0.35V above what it should be... (don't try this at home!) :)

About 2 times a week on laptop (Asus G50VT A1, Vista 64-bit). No error message, client just closes to desktop without error message. Happens totally randomly. Had it happen in shame when fighting unbound EVs, had it happen running around Zento, had it happen sitting at Luna bank doing nothing. During the IDOC stuff, I didn't have any issues (well except for the house placement tool not working).

The crashes don't deter me from playing the game mostly on the laptop though. It's not that bad, logging in again is quick enough.

I'm not using any mods or weird settings.

W

Woodsman

I did a lot of running around getting ready for the IDOCs this week, and only had two crashes...but I think they were due to the fact that I was running UO on my Mac, and I know for sure one of the crashes was a problem with the emulation software.

It has improved greatly recently. I expected a lot of crashes because I was doing so much continuous running around.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mine crashes pretty much every Tuesday night durring the EM event on GLs. Other than that it don't crash too often since I try not to run one direction and then turn right back around on myself and go back the other way..... this will almost ALWAYS cause my client to crash.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine crashes pretty much every Tuesday night durring the EM event on GLs. Other than that it don't crash too often since I try not to run one direction and then turn right back around on myself and go back the other way..... this will almost ALWAYS cause my client to crash.
Solution is stop prioritizing events in great lakes known as highest event drop rated shard!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Solution is stop prioritizing events in great lakes known as highest event drop rated shard!
I'd go somewhere else but GLs is my home... I don't care for other shards. Sucks to be me ...... besides how would I move 13 accounts to another shard? Funny thing is I did the Event on Tuesday.... crashed in the middle of the Event shortly after the Bosses spawned.... and wouldn't you know it.... I got a drop anyway.