• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How often do you crash?

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Just curious, how often does everyone experience a client crash? I'm wondering if it is just me or everyone. I crash probably once ever 2 hours and its usually mid fight. I'm running Pinco and I can't imagine life without it so mad props for creating such a great UI. I can only imagine the amount of hard work put into it.

I remember running Pinco's two years ago and I didn't crash this much...maybe I need to delete all my files and start fresh? If so, what is the best way to go about this? I got a new computer so it is a fresh UO install. I tried to use my old character profiles off my old PC, but it was bugged out, so I delete those and and created new ones so I doubt just deleting character profiles will fix the issue. Are there any other files that I should be deleting or maybe just do a full reinstall?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious, how often does everyone experience a client crash? I'm wondering if it is just me or everyone. I crash probably once ever 2 hours and its usually mid fight. I'm running Pinco and I can't imagine life without it so mad props for creating such a great UI. I can only imagine the amount of hard work put into it.

I remember running Pinco's two years ago and I didn't crash this much...maybe I need to delete all my files and start fresh? If so, what is the best way to go about this? I got a new computer so it is a fresh UO install. I tried to use my old character profiles off my old PC, but it was bugged out, so I delete those and and created new ones so I doubt just deleting character profiles will fix the issue. Are there any other files that I should be deleting or maybe just do a full reinstall?
Did you just delete the profile for the character or the whole folder in my documents called "ea games"?

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Did you just delete the profile for the character or the whole folder in my documents called "ea games"?
I only deleted my individual character profile. If it is safe for me to delete the whole folder called "Ea Games", I'll give that a shot!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only deleted my individual character profile. If it is safe for me to delete the whole folder called "Ea Games", I'll give that a shot!
That's what I do when I get problems. It will rebuild itself when you load up the game again. You will have to setup each character again from scratch though. That's the only downside.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
That's what I do when I get problems. It will rebuild itself when you load up the game again. You will have to setup each character again from scratch though. That's the only downside.
Awesome! I'll try that when I get home tonight and keep my fingers crossed. You da' best!

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I used to crash a lot! Until
I uninstalled the game.
Deleted folders.
Restarted
Ran registry cleaner.
Restarted
Ran Regedit
Found every entry for uo, Ultima online, Pinco, enhanced client, ea, electronic arts... Plus minus a few.

Reinstalled

Made macros from scratch.

Reduced my crash rate by at least 90%