• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How often do white pearls appear while fishing? Should I make fisher?

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
Haven't been back for long... So like many imbuing regs they are op on atl but I found most are easy to acquire such as the void orbs or just getting a whetstone. Is this worth making a fisher over and sailing the high seas or should I just pay these dingo dogs on VS?

current price check on atl: 580k for 10 with two sets being sold rest is 5 singles at 20k which is worthless when u need 10 most the time

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Fishing for white pearls is something you migth consider if you dont mind have it automated and doing it 24/7 or so. Going to the vulcano in eodon and fight the elementals there will give you more white pearls and all the other gems as a bonus.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fishing for white pearls will take quite some time. A fisher does open up more aspects of the game but I wouldn't do it with the sole expectation of finding a lot of white pearls.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I typically get about 1-4 an hour fishing. But, you can get them fishing anywhere once high enough level (including dungeons)

The Volcano in Eodon is an option for Time of Legends active accounts. However, the Volcano elementals require a bit of planning (like knowing where the safe areas are to run to when the eruptions every 1-2 minutes occur). They're best fought 1-2 at a time dragging them to a safe area away from the eruption effect, or in a party (with one person a dedicated looter of corpses while everyone else fights, and everyone runs or teleports past the eruption effect)

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
if you just want the large gems...
as Chrille said, the best and quickest way is to fight the elementals in the Volcano in Eodon.
there is always one of large gem, luminescent fungi, or parasitic plant on every corpse.

I do the Jukari quest (The Great Volcano) for the reward, and fight the elemental that spawns.
Make sure you watch out for the warning about the volcano becoming unstable.
As soon as you see it, run for the small round areas of sand.
A flow of lava will soon pass and its instant death if you are caught in it.

The location for the Jukari Quest...
take moonstone crystal to Jukari Village

1600534701269.png
1600534756196.png
if you haven't done this quest, you don't have to have mining.
just get a pick axe or shovel and dig in the big area in the middle of the volcano.

Quest Reward (which is a quest item for another quest)

1600536161928.png
(animated when locked down)

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
@Cinderella is it always such pain to do the quest part i brought one pick axe then went got four more (250 uses total) and all i seen was that I found something and I would store it for later... but nothing in bag... also why was I trying to do this again lol its just a cool deco? Lava doesn't insta kill ya either but im using temp with max hp... thanks!

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
the lava rock doesn't appear in your backpack.

if you don't want the fire as deco.
there is a quest called Valley Of One.

1600607685443.png
these are posssible rewards from it.
(banana horde is a deed that can be placed in three different sizes, as shown)
the tiger cub statuette, when clicked becomes a pet.

Or you can put it on a vendor

=================

I just figured that if you were wanting to kill the elementals,
that you might as well do the quest while you were at it.

you can also get recipe drops from killing the elementals there.
I usually get recipe's or armor drops from the ones I pull up when doing the quest.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
@Cinderella I'm still confused then when I got the message that "I found something and stored away for later", Was I done with quest? On the whole deco thing I'm not really into it my friend literally decos my whole house I have one room with my chests the rest is at their whim. I will pass on info she would enjoy it i think. Ty

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
you are to find 5 lava rock for that quest.
You will hear a ding and a message will pop up when the quest is completed.