• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How much more??

G

How much more are we paying players supposed to take before we walk away from this game? The lag was so bad tonight i couldnt get into my house. I kept getting a messgae that said...Unable to open your property because the city is busy, please try again later. I can't get to my house and free players are running around? If we're gonna have to put up with the lag then give us our pay back so we have something to play for! Give us the pay for single objects and job tracks while you fix whatever needs fixing. This really has become so unfair to those of us who pay to play we need something to raise our spirits. So...what ya think?

G

It seems that all I hear is how unhappy people are playing TSO. If thats the case why not take a hiatus from the game for about a month? When you come back, if you decide to come back, it may be fixed. The more you complain about what's going on the more your going to get upset. It doesn't make any sense to me. Eithe be patient with the Devs or just take a break. They know of the lag problem and my understanding is that there trying to fix it. They know that the current players, for the most part, are unhappy with what's going on right now. So my guess is they're taking care of it.

I'm not saying I don't get mad (i'm a paying subscriber too) and i'm not saying that you have no right to be angry either. But jeezy peezy I have to wonder if you like to write angry posts to see how many you can write in a day!!

R

Rennay

I took a 6 month or so break, just got back to all this going on. It's all neat and stuff, but the lag IS getting unbearable. I love this game, I do not want to stop playing it. The 6 months I was gone I still paid for my accounts that whole time because I really do enjoy TSO!
The payouts were decreased, I can live with that...IF there wasn't all this lag making it even more difficult to make those measly payouts!
If it is an issue with too many people logging in at once, I would personally like to see the free players at least being limited to TC3 until this issue can be fixed. I'm am just about at the breaking point for paying for a game i can barely play

T

Tristan Lewis

You know I set here with Lag too and guess what im running 4 accts on my PC and my wife is running 3 on hers. Yes there are lag spikes bout 15 seconds outta 10 mins but i'm sorry its not even close to UNPLAYABLE!!!!! Get off your high horse or unsubscribe thats your decision. OOOOOOOOOOOO the most lag I get is the hard landings but i can deal with that,Good Day.

N

nobuttkisser

<blockquote><hr>

How much more are we paying players supposed to take before we walk away from this game? The lag was so bad tonight i couldnt get into my house. I kept getting a messgae that said...Unable to open your property because the city is busy, please try again later. I can't get to my house and free players are running around? If we're gonna have to put up with the lag then give us our pay back so we have something to play for! Give us the pay for single objects and job tracks while you fix whatever needs fixing. This really has become so unfair to those of us who pay to play we need something to raise our spirits. So...what ya think?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> Self-imposed stress is free so take all you can handle lol!!!</font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> Self-imposed stress is free so take all you can handle lol!!!</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

T

TKSpeedy1

Oh please! Don't tell me it's NOT unplayable! I've already logged on and gone to properties where I can't do anything for at least 5 minutes. I finally had to ask someone to boot me last night because I couldn't move. This isn't fair. Don't get me wrong. I understand that when you create a game, there are issues to be worked out and you can't work them out in one day. I'm not an idiot. But this is getting ridiculous! Why should we have to play for a game we can hardly play? I think a little reimbursement is in order...or at least a free green period.

T

Tristan Lewis

WELL dont go to houses in the origanal ealand find a slower house in one of the merged cities.Pick a house closer to 100 on the list instead of 1 might see better results. Have 7 accts in the # 30 skill house ATM and have 0 lag.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Oh please! Don't tell me it's NOT unplayable! I've already logged on and gone to properties where I can't do anything for at least 5 minutes. I finally had to ask someone to boot me last night because I couldn't move. This isn't fair. Don't get me wrong. I understand that when you create a game, there are issues to be worked out and you can't work them out in one day. I'm not an idiot. But this is getting ridiculous! Why should we have to play for a game we can hardly play? I think a little reimbursement is in order...or at least a free green period.

[/ QUOTE ]

When things like this happen, I just play in TC3 for the balance of the day or evening. We've got 6 sim slots in TC3, surely people could have a sim or two that they use for playing when *they* find EAL unplayable (said in quotations because the players I've seen that were determined to play there by God MADE it work for them, they didn't ever consider it 'UNplayable' period.)

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The lag is HORRENDOUS! I just logged off last night. I could NOT sit there and try to do simple things such as green without getting a migraine! Of course i am ONLY assuming here but, with SOME lots i see 15-25 HIDDEN sims wich im sure they are freebie accounts, this has GOT to be adding to this atrocious lag!

Please DO SOMETHING SOON! Maybe the merge will spread out the lag, if so please hurry! If restricting how many accounts we can run on an IP to 3 then fine do it for now, same goes with the free accounts, lock some out!

G

NO...I don't like to just write angry posts. I do know however that they can adjust the pay and skill percent very easy, so why not give us a little something so we're not as upset until they fix something? Is it not okay to make suggestions? Is this board only for those who are not upset about anything? if so, please tell me and others because I really get tired of making suggestions and voicing my opinion only to get blasted every time. It doesnt make sense to me that you allow paying players to stay frustrated and risk them leaving when there are simple things to do to show them you care.

G

I'd say you're the one on high horse here. I merely made a suggestion and pointed out something that should not be happening. If your lag is not bad then good for you. However, for a lot of us when it comes to working or doing anything other than sitting and skilling, it is unplayable at times. Good day.

G

<blockquote><hr>

NO...I don't like to just write angry posts. I do know however that they can adjust the pay and skill percent very easy, so why not give us a little something so we're not as upset until they fix something? Is it not okay to make suggestions? Is this board only for those who are not upset about anything? if so, please tell me and others because I really get tired of making suggestions and voicing my opinion only to get blasted every time. It doesnt make sense to me that you allow paying players to stay frustrated and risk them leaving when there are simple things to do to show them you care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Making realistic suggestions is OK, but making a suggestion that if they follow it will solve, yes, this one area of the game for some but will cause problems to the economy is not very realistic or beneficial, IMO.....not when there are ways to cope with the lag that we already have, several of which have been presented here. If you're going to make suggestions, then you have to be OK with the fact that the responses won't be 100% agreeing with you, and sometimes might even be 0% agreeing with you.....that's just the kind of environment that a board like this is. If nobody could post without it being positive, then we wouldn't have the gobs and stacks of b-n-c posts that we have, would we? And if we didn't have those, then there wouldn't be those of us who are sick of seeing them, and therefore have started doing what you call 'blasting' of those who we perceive are being unreasonably negative.

G

I guess so. So...Lag sucks. Pay cuts suck. There is no lag during the day. It's after school when all the kids get on and play for free that it gets bad, and that sucks for those who work and come home to play and find they get stuck, can't work, can't do much of anything but maybe sit and skill...and as I said earlier...it really sucks to not be able to get into your own house because the city is too busy with all the free accounts when I pay. So blast away....

G

<blockquote><hr>

I guess so. So...Lag sucks. Pay cuts suck. There is no lag during the day. It's after school when all the kids get on and play for free that it gets bad, and that sucks for those who work and come home to play and find they get stuck, can't work, can't do much of anything but maybe sit and skill...and as I said earlier...it really sucks to not be able to get into your own house because the city is too busy with all the free accounts when I pay. So blast away....

[/ QUOTE ]

You're still missing the point *sigh* but yet you wonder why people have asked you if you like to complain. Time and time again players have posted things that helep them counter the lag.....you only have to spend a little bit of time reading here, since you say the game is unplayable anyway, to read this forum and the Game Advice forum to see the various tips and tricks that help those of us that are managing to stay mostly positive to do so. You could do that too if you'd just make the effort to rethink your game plans and strategize and DECIDE to be happy. I can't think of anybody who is *happy* that the payouts are so low, or that its difficult to play in EAL during US peak hours, or that the botters are still in game, standing on the rooftops advertising their simoleans for sale and *seemingly* nothing is being done about it (seemingly because just because we cant see it doesn't mean it isn't happening), yet they are still here, still paying and playing, and still overall upbeat and positives, why? Because that is their choice....in all other respects they play the exact same game you do.....so if that's not the difference then you explain to me why some people can be satisfied in virtually the same environment while others are always miserable?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Yeah.....how long are we going to have to put up with people creating new threads just to keep up the same old whining and complaining?

I think some folks are missing the point....I log in and here's another thread full of complaining by the same people...

I'm almost to the point of just not even trying to be polite to some people.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
It's the game servers that ares the problem, not free players. Or paying players, for that matter.

How many people are online now? A couple of thousand max? Second Life has around 57,000 peak evening time, World of Warcraft... many more simultaneous users.

EA is a big company with big capacity. Lag is not always caused by the individual user's computer, rather network bottlenecking between you and the datacentre. EA need to dramatically increase capacity at the server end, and most of the lag should disappear.

Considering TSO was perfectly playable on a slow PC and 56k dialup modem, I'm guessing that much of the problem is not actually online usage, but downloading the custom content.

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

Second life has thousands of servers and over 12 mil players, lots of times 50k online, and I still get lag there
(

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Second life has thousands of servers and over 12 mil players, lots of times 50k online, and I still get lag there
(

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah and they were also rated the most popular for engaging in cyber sex too.

I have a brand new computer and I had problems in 2nd life. There are way too many 'add ons' and crap to content with there.

H

hollythor

PErsonally, I don't think the devs even read this. Also, the Parizad dev...God help me if she cancels my acct for talking about her in this post. But remember the freedom of speech before doing so PARIZAD. Lee is nice, tries to be helpful, LUc I hardly see, but is helpful. Parizad does not care. She got so frustrated yesterday in doing her job at the ea town hall that she just left the property, booting us off. One of the things she said, "Screw it, I'm out of here". Now you tell me, does she give crap what we think? NO, she sits and still gets paid, so why should she care? The is coming up with another lava card game, yay. PaLEASE. I'm sure they are fixing it, however if would be nice for them to post on the blog what their goals are and to continuously post letting us know progress and what is being fixed at the moment. If I knew that, I would not be so upset either. What happened to the customer is always right? We DO pay them money, prolly what pays their paycheck. At least give us frequent progress reports. I don't find that too much to ask.

G

We were getting the message that the city was too busy in AV. When the city was dead. That message is bugged.

G

<blockquote><hr>

How much more are we paying players supposed to take before we walk away from this game? The lag was so bad tonight i couldnt get into my house. I kept getting a messgae that said...Unable to open your property because the city is busy, please try again later. I can't get to my house and free players are running around? If we're gonna have to put up with the lag then give us our pay back so we have something to play for! Give <u>us</u> the pay for single objects and job tracks while you fix whatever needs fixing. This really has become so unfair to those of <u>us</u> who pay to play we need something to raise our spirits. So...what ya think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I get tired of this. Don't group me in with you. I have had problems but I guess I am more understanding than most, seeing as this is Beta which for a game means nothing but problems. There are some out there that are just fine. There are some out that can play with no problems.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did TSO or EA Land, (depending on when they were rated) fall on the list?

G

<blockquote><hr>

PErsonally, I don't think the devs even read this. Also, the Parizad dev...God help me if she cancels my acct for talking about her in this post. But remember the freedom of speech before doing so PARIZAD. Lee is nice, tries to be helpful, LUc I hardly see, but is helpful. Parizad does not care. She got so frustrated yesterday in doing her job at the ea town hall that she just left the property, booting us off. One of the things she said, "Screw it, I'm out of here". Now you tell me, does she give crap what we think? NO, she sits and still gets paid, so why should she care? The is coming up with another lava card game, yay. PaLEASE. I'm sure they are fixing it, however if would be nice for them to post on the blog what their goals are and to continuously post letting us know progress and what is being fixed at the moment. If I knew that, I would not be so upset either. What happened to the customer is always right? We DO pay them money, prolly what pays their paycheck. At least give us frequent progress reports. I don't find that too much to ask.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't at the TH to know what happened to make her do that, to boot everybody off, but I'll tell you this much......NO self-respecting person is going to take constant [censored] and belittling, I don't give a sod what their pay is. I've known Parizad for a long time, and yes she can be brazen sometimes with her comments, and I've even called her on things when I felt they were inappropriate, HOWEVER she takes ALOT more [censored] than she dishes out these days, and is only human so if something happened to make her say screw it, then if she didn't have a good reason we wouldn't have a community rep right now, so until Luc or Lee posts that we're getting a new one, I'm gonna venture a guess that she was either justified totally in her response, or just got fed up and snapped and will be woman enough to apologize later. Either way, you posting about it here is totally, totally wrong since you're only giving your side of the story, nobody can give the other side since she's probably not allowed to even if she wanted to, and there's *always* 3 sides to a story....the two opposing view points, and the truth, which usually lies somewhere in the middle of those two.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did TSO or EA Land, (depending on when they were rated) fall on the list?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why, zero of course since we *all* know it doesn't happen in this game, right?

[/sarcasm]

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

PErsonally, I don't think the devs even read this. Also, the Parizad dev...God help me if she cancels my acct for talking about her in this post. But remember the freedom of speech before doing so PARIZAD.

[/ QUOTE ]

EXCUSE ME!!!!
I got freedom of speech too!

There are very few ways to really get me ticked off - hearing the running of mouths about Parizad is one of them.

I'm so.....enraged by your comments that I can't even put it into words.

But honey...I work for a business that counts on it's membership too. And YOU and your $9.99 a month ain't all that special. In my line of work, we'd wave at you and tell you to either play the game or get the HECK out!

I'm going to just walk away from Stratic a bit because I'm really SICK of hearing all this CRAP from ungratefully people who have nothing better to do than just sit around being backbitters.

I got better things to do!

3 days of nothing but pettiness.

Another things....if you don't want your lamp? Don't play along! I for one am enjoying it!

G

I don't know why the devs put up with as much crap as they do. I always ask them why they let certain ppl in there. LOL I usually get an answer like cuz they can. LMAO Not my place to say who gets to stay. Even though these ppl always spew profanities at the devs and the other guests. I would ban them. ROFL I can't take the scammers going in there talking crap and asking them what they are doing about scammers. No doubt so they can see if they can find a way around it. I can't bite my virtual tongue. LOL I smart off to them and then I get my NAME called and asked to stop. I guess I am supposed to know better, hell if I know.