• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How much mana to put on pet?

wishdragon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have been putting a decent amount of mana, in the 1,000 range on the pets I have trained, but I am thinking that is a mistake.

Anytime I have them hunting, they churn through the mana like butter and end up with less than 100 for most of the fight anyway.

What are others typically using for a mana number?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A pet with Chivalry or most any magic will lose mana very fast. So you Max the Mana Regen and put intel to 370 when possible. Pets rely on Mana Regen.

Intelligence increases mana regen but it is not worth putting it above 370 because you can not max the Dex or Str if you do. Mana Regen is more effective than Intel, but put intel to 370 as part of your base build.

If you are doing a short encounter you could use a pet with a lot of Mana. Some players have 1500 mana on their roof pets. They fight each boss then let the pet regen back up.

If you are fighting for any length of time 3+ minutes it does not matter how much mana the pet began with, it is below 100 by now. So the pet is relying on Mana regen for spells and specials.

The pet type determines what amount of mana you can afford.

I do not put HP above 600 on pets anymore unless the pet type has a lot of spare points. So if needed I can add more mana.

But in general I put 400 to 600 Mana on a pet that has points for it.

For pets that do not have enough build points to add Mana I use as little as possible.

My Dreadmare and Wildfire Ostard:
1647753162956.png

Points are more valuable in something other than Mana when you are short on points.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It depends on the pet and what you intend to do. Some pets don't have as much total training capacity as others, so you're going to need to assess how quickly your pet is going through mana. I would suggest maybe going up to 500-600 mana in an early round of training and then testing to see how its working out. If it's still not enough, consider adding more in a later round if you feel it's needed and you're able to get the other important stats you want in your build.

On the other hand, if you're training up a Triton which has a significant amount of training capacity, you can probably get up to 1000+ mana and still get just about everything else you want on the build.

The problem is that no matter how much you have on there, your pet is probably going to dump all of it early in a fight. Mana regeneration is going to be more important than total mana, so make sure you get a sufficient amount of MR and Intel on there so you can keep hitting your specials throughout whatever you're fighting.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A pet with just Bushido uses very little mana.

Your Beetles that can't get Chivalry do not use as much mana as pets with magics.

So, don't put extra mana on your Blue Beetle.

If you follow my building guides, I build the base pet early. So in the last round you could max the damage and put on AI/Chiv and take it out on a test run. Then decide if you can spare points for Mana.

But as the OP says, he tried lots of mana and a few mins later it is gone anyway.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even my 1,039 INT/1,500 Mana/30 MR/120 Med/120 Focus Serpentine Dragon (highest mana regeneration pet in game) with Magery Mastery eventually runs out of Mana, so i don't bother much with increasing max Mana. My Chiv+AI pets usually have 150-200 Mana since they blow through Mana fast anyways, while my Disco+CB Tritons have 300-500 Mana (more Disco attempts right off the bat).

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As some others have also stated here I normally run around 600hp and 500 to 600 mana depending on what type of pet it is. I do have some pets with much higher only because I had nothing left to put the training points in to. I even have a few pets that are in the 400 hp/mana range that I solo champ spawns and peerless bosses with. I have a few caster type pets that I will run 700 int and not cap out str but it's for specific builds. It makes me cringe every time I see a 5 slot pet that someone trained up with 120 scrolls and it only has 125 int, mana regen under 30, and 1000 mana lol.