• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How much does "Despair" bard mastery do in PvP...

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With 120 music and 120 discord how much would Despair do to a player with 70s phys, fire, cold, light poison, energy resist and with 120 magic resistance? How much damage would the periodic affect have ont eh player?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Discordance: Title Desponder (These will be considered aggressive/negative actions)
* Discordance spell songs are affected by the target's magic resistance. (PvP and specific Mobs only)
* Tribulation: Target Hit Chance reduced by up to 32%, Spell Damaged reduced by 32% , Damage Taken can trigger additional damage between 8-32% of the damage taken once per second. (Discordance Based) (Chance to Trigger damage Musicianship Based). Damage bonus modified by 1.5 with Instruments. Upkeep cost 11.
* Despair: Target Strength Reduced by up to 32, 20 – 48 Damage (Physical), every 2 seconds. Damage is 1.5x vs Non Player, 3x Damage with Slayer Instruments. Upkeep cost 13.

Tribulation:
Bonus damage is no longer physical. Its a flat % of damage taken.
Duration (5-11 rounds) - 4x Legendary =14 rounds
Bonus Damge (8 - 32%) Base, 4x Legendary ( 50%)
Bonus Damage Chance ( 15 - 60%) Base, 4x Legendary (84%)
HCI/SDI Debuff (5 - 20%) Base, 4xLegendary (32%)

Despair:
Duration (5-11 rounds) - 4x Legendary =14 rounds
Damage (9 - 36) (Base) , 4x Legendary (48)
PvM Damage Modifier 1.5x
PvM w/Slayer Damage Modifier 3x
Strength Reduction (4 - 16) Base, 4x (22) (Subject to modifier for PvM and slayers)

Party spellsongs affect the bard, party members and pets of bard and party.
we dont have a calculator for this.
cause most people dont use it.
but ill go test it for ya since im bored and at work.
so basically im getting paid to go test this.

haha

(looks over shoulder to make sure boss isnt looking)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
With 120 music and 120 discord how much would Despair do to a player with 70s phys, fire, cold, light poison, energy resist and with 120 magic resistance? How much damage would the periodic affect have ont eh player?
ok, so just quick like, i stoned off my 120 peace and provo so i just had 120 music and disco on.
my bard has 40 SDI on him.
so thats capped in pvp at..... 12?
so im at cap for sdi.

so i attacked a guild mate that had a mage, guy had on a 70 suit and had 110 magic resist.

the gump lists that i was hitting him for 27 physical every 2 seconds.
but with his armor on and his magic resists i was only really hitting him for 8 every 2 seconds.

and it lowered his STR by 13 points.
which is handy, lower his HP then it starts to hit him.

took off my SID stuff and it didnt effect the damage at all.

he took off his armor so he was at 0 (42 actually with his magic resist) and it was hitting him for 15 every 2 seconds.

i hit him with BOTH disco masteries, it added 1 HP damage to each hit.
so 1 then 8 every 2 seconds.

also, ive noticed that with 110 magic resist he seems to be resisting my bard song at about 20% of the time.
and thats a total resist.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
on a related note.
i put my 120 provo and 120 peace back on so i was 120x4
hit the guild mate for 11 HP every 2 seconds (it would be 39 without armor and magic resist)
and it lowered his HP by 19.

so the initial hit of -19 HP then 11 HP hit every 2 seconds.
if the person is standing in a fight that would be bad ass.

but as no one is bound to stand and take that AND they resist the spells 20-30% of the time, meh.

both bard spells on hit for 4 then 11 every 2 seconds.

so interesting.
im curious what 120 resist would deflect it.

ah hell, ill go get my 120 guy and test it, i kinda wanna know!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
120 x 4 bard vs 120 resist pure mage (120 magic, eval, med, resist, GM scribe and nox)
in a PVP suit.

test 1 - hit twice for 10 HP then resist killed it
test 2 - hit 4 times then resist killed it
test 3 - hit 4 times then resist killed it
test 4 - hit 3 times then resist killed it
test 5 - hit 4 times then resist killed it
test 6 - hit 5 times then resist killed it
test 7 - hit 3 times then resist killed it
test 8 - hit 5 times then resist killed it
test 9 - hit 4 times then resist killed it
test 10 - hit 3 times then resist killed it

for interest sake, i changed the area it hits in to poison to see if having GM nox would do anything.
and it didnt.

i stoned off 120 resist and was hitting for 16 per 2 seconds.
22 reduction in HP.
and it said a max of 44.

now for naked with no resist.
HAHHAHAHAHA
48 HP every 2 seconds.
needless to say i killed my guy, hahaha

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
edit:

im gonna try and do a kind of joke template I guess you could say....

Music
Disco, provoke, or peace.. not sure which to play with yet.
Resist
Chiv
Med
Anatomy
6x 120 and just run around

Z

Zero Day

edit:

im gonna try and do a kind of joke template I guess you could say....

Music
Disco, provoke, or peace.. not sure which to play with yet.
Resist
Chiv
Med
Anatomy
6x 120 and just run around
I play a PvP bard template. (see other post )

Bard spellsong damage is not subject to SDI or DI effects. It is a straight skill to damage conversion.

The stuff I've been toying with as maybe having magery on my bard to curse the target and lower their resists to 60s or maybe necro to corpse skin then and use despair as poison damage.

Haven't actually tried those two yet. But typically if I'm solo and a guy has 120 resist, I switch over to peace mastery so that I can "tank" them, but if there are guys with low resist around I'll stick with my disco masteries and eat their lunch.

Poo

42 damage (3x bard) is 14 dmg / 2secs to all 70's if you stack tribulation then thats 21dmg/2secs

If you're fighting a dexer you can spam peace between ticks so they dont hit you as often :)

I've found my bard to be an extremely effective counter to PvP tamers. Discord + Despair + Trib will usually drop anything short of a GD in about 3 -5 ticks if you dont have a slayer.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I play a PvP bard template. (see other post )

Bard spellsong damage is not subject to SDI or DI effects. It is a straight skill to damage conversion.

The stuff I've been toying with as maybe having magery on my bard to curse the target and lower their resists to 60s or maybe necro to corpse skin then and use despair as poison damage.

Haven't actually tried those two yet. But typically if I'm solo and a guy has 120 resist, I switch over to peace mastery so that I can "tank" them, but if there are guys with low resist around I'll stick with my disco masteries and eat their lunch.

Poo

42 damage (3x bard) is 14 dmg / 2secs to all 70's if you stack tribulation then thats 21dmg/2secs

If you're fighting a dexer you can spam peace between ticks so they dont hit you as often :)

I've found my bard to be an extremely effective counter to PvP tamers. Discord + Despair + Trib will usually drop anything short of a GD in about 3 -5 ticks if you dont have a slayer.
thats strange, cause when i did the spells on my other mage the stack wasnt adding that.
i was getting the 1 on the tribulation stack only.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im sitting here looking at your post and i cant for the life of me figure out where your getting that other 7hp in damage from.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with 120 med, 16 MR, and 175 mana is that enough to keep Tribulation and Despair up all the time, or do they quickly make u go out of mana?

Z

Zero Day

I dont know of any way to keep em up all time, though I dont run an MR suit. I just have 120 med and 150 int.

Poo,
The Trib stack was rounded from 6.x to 7

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if ill still have a hard time keeping atleast Despair or tribulation (one or the other) up at all times with 120 med, 150 intel (175 mana), 40 lmc... I haven't gotten to test this yet but if it really requires 12 mana every 2 seconds then theres gotta be like no way to do it and not go out of mana unless ur in lich form with 120 med and focus with a wisp?

On the other hand if its 12 mana BEFORE taking into account 40 LMC then i think you might be able to do it.

It would only require 7.2 mana every 2 seconds, so if ur just standing there not spamming holy light and pop ur despair on someone it should stay up permanently with the given stats i mentioend above with MR, meditation, ect?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i have 120 med and 40 LMC on my bard and i cant keep both up, infact it eats the mana pool really fast.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I dont know of any way to keep em up all time, though I dont run an MR suit. I just have 120 med and 150 int.

Poo,
The Trib stack was rounded from 6.x to 7
Bro,
how are you 'tagging' me like that, its neat, i wanna do it!

when i tested trib i was only getting 1hp per tick with it when stacked with the other one.
for every hit.
so im wondering why yours are hitting for 7 when mine are hitting for 1?

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could you just keep one up Poo without draining mana pool? Like if your not casting or doing anthign else to drain mana, would u be able to keep Despair up for incase someone decides to run int he house that way you can continue to kill them until they give in I guess?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
oh it will stay up for a bit, but i cant get it to stay topped up like i can with the provo and peace ones with just 120 med / 40 LMC and MR suit.

so it goes down and down and down until the spell ends.

id imagine if you where firing off other spells or where already down in mana that youd bottom out before you got your kill in.

Z

Zero Day

Remember they have round caps so getting it to 14 ticks will be the max, and thats easy to do with a good suit and 120 med. its just like a mage casting 14 fireballs.
Actually that may be something to try, a Mystic Disco Bard hitting despair spell plague and then bolt spam.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive been playing with this with some guildmates the last couple nights.
while i do enjoy the damage it puts out, i dont know if i would consider this a game winner.
as a group, hell yes.
archers dealing damage, a mage dropping bombs, then this on top would be a cherry.

but for stand alone in pvp?

why do i say this.
well firstly if the person has resist GM or above its gonna kick out the spell in 3-5 hits.
thats just a given.
ive tested this over and over and over and its gonna kick it off for sure.
second, no one pvp's with anything less then a 70 suit in this day and age.
so the resist coupled with the 70 suit and your dealing 11 damage per hit.
plus its line of site.

ive tested this with house fighting and contrary to what has been posted, THIS SPELL IS LINE OF SITE!

where you can get around this is if the person you are house fighting with has a custom house with a waterfall entrance or something like that.
but this spell IS line of site.
so as soon as they close the door the damage stops.

so ya.
i wouldnt hesitate to back up the guild on my disco mastery bard, but i dont think this is a 1v1 template by any stretch.
keep in mind that if your fighting a dexxer that when they hit ya, the spell is also off.

meh, stuff to consider.

Z

Zero Day

I would definitely say no bard template is a 1v1 template.
There's alot of skill invested, with NO instant return. Its, Regeneration, Cycled healing, or cycled damage.

However, that being said, I play my bards heavily in PvP, and more importantly, actively. Both my Chiv and Mystic Bards can stand their ground if they get attacked, though they aren't gonna be taking on full offensive templates.

Poo you need to check again man, Despair continues even if you lose line of sight or visibility of your target. It will break on range though, so if your target runs out of range within the house you'll lose the effect, but if they just get a wall between them and you, you'll still be hitting them. Once its on them it stays on them until they resist it, break range, or you hit the max rounds. (Just verified on ATL)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I would definitely say no bard template is a 1v1 template.
There's alot of skill invested, with NO instant return. Its, Regeneration, Cycled healing, or cycled damage.

However, that being said, I play my bards heavily in PvP, and more importantly, actively. Both my Chiv and Mystic Bards can stand their ground if they get attacked, though they aren't gonna be taking on full offensive templates.

Poo you need to check again man, Despair continues even if you lose line of sight or visibility of your target. It will break on range though, so if your target runs out of range within the house you'll lose the effect, but if they just get a wall between them and you, you'll still be hitting them. Once its on them it stays on them until they resist it, break range, or you hit the max rounds. (Just verified on ATL)
i just tryed it on atl myself, my guildmate on a non guild red, i hit him with both disco mastery spells, then he walks into his tower and closes the door and the spells kick off.

maybe if your on we can get together and test this?
im interested as to why its working for you but not for me, hehe

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya, i met up with zero and we got the issue figured out. it was a range issue.
so you can infact bomb people inside houses as long as you stay within range of them.
so if you hug the front wall and they go to the back wall of the house you will lose the spell on them.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
does the spell stack? Like if you have two bards who use Despair on the same "house hider" will it deal 28 damage vs the normal 14 that one bard would be doing?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
no, mastery spells dont stack.
either in pvp or pvm.
its first come first serve.

Z

Zero Day

If you're running with a group in PvP as a disco bard, Its good to get in your despair early then add tribulation. Since Despair's HP reduction is IMMEDIATE, if you hit somone with it before your group does, you get closer to killing them.
Typically people are running around with 115-135 HP If you can knock 10-15 off of that, then you effectively need to deal less damage to kill them. This also stacks with weaken and curse, so if you are paired with a mage, your despair damage will increase when he curses (if you are using an elemental damage type). If you add tribulation to the mix your despair has a chance to proc it every 2 seconds, but Tribulation can be procced every second. So you can be proccing off of his damage and yours. (Turn that 40 damage flame strike into a 50 or 58 damage flame strike).

If you are fighting someone running away you only need to stop to cast despair then run after them and keep them in range so the damage keeps ticking, which helps to negate any potions they may drink.