• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Chivalry] How much Chivalry?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Now that it appears the Chivalry changes are shaping up in Pub 71, how much do you intend to squeeze into your PvM templates. Right now I intend to go to 80, but I do want to test the benefits of EOO at 100 Chiv. I normally use perfection and a slayer so I don't think there will be a significant advantage.

For a basic sampire, I'm thinking:
120 Weapon
120 Bushido
100 Parrying (or healing)
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
99 Necro
81 Chivalry

For a Wraith Thrower (or Wammy), I'm thinking:
120 Throwing (or Melee Weapon)
120 Bushido
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
80 Chivalry
60 Spirit Speak
40 Necromancy

For a Mystic Dexxer, I'm thinking:
120 Weapon
120 Mysticism
120 Focus
100 Tactics
90 Anatomy
90 Healing
80 Chivalry

Those are the primary PvM chars I use. Do you think 80 Chiv will be enough?

-OBSIDIAN-

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For consecrating weapons, it's enough.
For enemy of one, I'm not sure. I'd have to get into more math than I want to do now to know for sure, but I feel that 80 will be acceptable (if the damage multiplier doesn't change from what has been previously reported).

Me, I'm not changing a thing... but my mystic dexxer and throwing whammy already have 80 chivalry, and my no-longer-a-sampire (dropped necro for... nothing!) relied on slayer weapons and perfection to get to close-enough-to-max damage while dropping chivalry entirely and using armor ignores. (for those non-slayer monsters, the throwing-whammy makes them all pretty easy).

Nasir k

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
at best i can get my guy to 90 with imbued jewels.. this change is silly not well thought out and hurts the game. i fear the pvm dexxer of any consequences is as dead and buried as the provoker.i hate when they punish people for a template that has no bearing what so ever on other players other than they are jealous that your character is successful and well thought out. this is one of the least thought out changes yet. i am sure they will lose subscribers over this one. heck, maybe that's the point? absolutely ridiculous to nerf a pvm template this way. boo to uo for this one.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
this change is silly not well thought out and hurts the game.
There were many voices among the players that do want PvM templates to be nerfed. Lots of voices for enforcement of group playing. I am particularly not happy. My shard is empty most of the time, even at peak hours, so how exactly do I find a group... :dunce:

(and no, I am neither willing to pay 7 * $$$ for character transfer, and no, I am not willing to train new characters from scratch again and no, I am not willing to accept my ping to Atlantic)

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope try Medusa on test with varying degrees of chivalry. I did try some of the named bosses in Bedlam at just 65 chivalry and it kinda sucked but was still doable. That combined with the higher mana cost for lightning strike, I know I'll need to rework my suit suit to include more mana regen, mana increase or lmc. I have my doubts if 80 chiv will be enough. Maybe with maxxed out karma it will be and if you use elemental weapons rather than relying on consecrate weapon. If others are testing this, please post your results. :)

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stand corrected, my character has 80 chiv, not 65. The full template is 120 fencing, 120 bushido, 100 anat, 100 tactics, 100 healing, 100 necro, 80 chiv. I use a leafblade as my weapon of choice. I attempted Medusa today on Test Center. I died, but it was due to my maco to switch weapons didn't work, and it took me a bit to realize I was empty handed, and I also didn't have a trapped box with me. After I died and my swampy died I didn't want to fool with it anymore.

I think I could have soloed it until the end if I was a little better prepared. Medusa is considered one of the easier bosses so take it as you wish. It seems like I had to cast chiv spells more frequently and lack of mana was a big problem and I never had that issue before this change.

I will need to build another suit and possibly take another look at my weapons. The fight seems like it may take longer now too, so more gorgon lenses will probably be needed. I'm not happy, but I'm not devastated like I was when the changes were first announced.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
shellybean, 40lmc (works in multiples of 10), mana increase, and max mana leech on ur wpn. you should be fine. mr is a waste to me.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you have 100% elemental weapons?

60 is fine.

The stamina refresh from Divine Fury may be low, but just use stamina leech and/or total refresh pots.

Enemy of One works as it does currently, just with a lower duration (still 2 minutes at 17k or so karma if I remember right), and Divine Fury is just about the same, minus the stam refresh.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
at best i can get my guy to 90 with imbued jewels.. this change is silly not well thought out and hurts the game. i fear the pvm dexxer of any consequences is as dead and buried as the provoker.i hate when they punish people for a template that has no bearing what so ever on other players other than they are jealous that your character is successful and well thought out. this is one of the least thought out changes yet. i am sure they will lose subscribers over this one. heck, maybe that's the point? absolutely ridiculous to nerf a pvm template this way. boo to uo for this one.
Punish? Who honestly believes the Dev's are trying to punish pvmer's?
Thats just plain uneducated & silly.

Sampires & Pvmer's in general are still seriously powerful & anyone with average knowledge of game mechanics & gear can solo a ton of extremely lucrative high-end monsters.

The Chiv changes have not affected my insanely powerful Sampire one bit. Whats your point?

Bottom line is changes affect all templates. It appears to be absolutely unavoidable. If you have played this game more then 10 minutes you should be able to figure this out.
But why would anyone want to be reasonable & do that when they can just come here 10 minutes after a new patch and scream & rant before they have any real clue how the changes will affect gameplay over the long run?

Z

Zyron

my char isnt maxxed 120s yet but im running 100 chiv right now, ill go kill some stuff and ill do my report once im done
right now im at
115 swords
115 bush
100 tactics
100 chiv
115 parry (lowering)
99 necro
80 anatomy (raising to 100)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did a few spawns and killed a harry on my rebuilt template, sacrificing parry to 60 to allow chiv up to 96 and damage output is just as good as it was before. Only difference is I dropped from 30% parry chance to 20%... so no real impact.

At 96 Chiv you get the 50% dmg bonus with EoO, which is what you got before they messed with it. You get a 3% dmg bump from consecrate wep according to the icon, which I haven't even noticed an increase. You have 100% for the wep to hit the lowest resist at 96 as well.

Really this change was a minor inconvenience for me to switch my skills around slightly.

However on my LJ sampire its a different story.. dropping Bushido to 80 and chiv up to 96, since I can't drop LJ 40 points. Haven't done any champs but will update once I do.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I haven't adjusted chiv on my sampire yet, but I am enjoying my wraith thrower with 100 chiv now. I'm going to try to put 100 on my sampire as well.

Interesting, Lynk said he had 50% EOO and 3 DI increase at 96 Chiv. I have 50% EOO and 5 DI increase at 100. I wonder if 90 is the sweet spot with 50% EOO and 0 DI. If so, that's where I want to be.

-OBSIDIAN-

Dorinda

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't adjusted chiv on my sampire yet, but I am enjoying my wraith thrower with 100 chiv now. I'm going to try to put 100 on my sampire as well.

Interesting, Lynk said he had 50% EOO and 3 DI increase at 96 Chiv. I have 50% EOO and 5 DI increase at 100. I wonder if 90 is the sweet spot with 50% EOO and 0 DI. If so, that's where I want to be.

-OBSIDIAN-
why would you rather use that character than a Sampire?

K

Khoga

-OBSIDIAN-
Obsidian - they have stated that the cut off for Chiv for % chance to attack lowest armor with CW is 90 skill. Every skill point above 90 is skill/2 extra dmg. So at 100 you get 5 DI, 110 you get 10 DI, and 120 you get 15DI.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought 80 chivalry gave 100% chance to target lowest resist.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do believe 80 gives you 100% to hit the lowest resist on Concecrate Weapon according to this:

Consecrate Weapon

Consecrate Weapon no longer guarantees damage against a target’s weakest resist. Concecrate weapon now provides a scaling chance to do damage against the targets weakest resist type. At 90+ Chivalry, consecrate weapon will also offer a damage increase in addition to optimal damage type. Effect is now 100% Chance at 80 Chivalry. Scale is approximately 50% Chance at 50 Chivalry.

K

Khoga

Sorry - what I meant to say was the damage increase starts at 90 skill. The following is what Logrus posted in the test center chivalry thread....

For Consecrate damage: 1% Bonus damage per 2 points in Chivalry above 90. So 5% at 100 Chiv, 10% at 110 Chiv, 15% at 120 Chiv. Also with the Change to the way the durations are calculated, all durations have a higher cap for the chivalry abilities. Also a higher cap for healing. Remove curse also a little bit more karma friendly.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still haven't decided what skill level I want to take my Chiv to.

I am thinking about seeing what the effect of about 15k karma has at each 5 points of Chiv and going from there.

Z

Zyron

100 chiv has been working out well for me as well, im still in the process of lowering my parry and raising my anatomy. i wanted to get my intelligence up and accidentally lowered my dex to 36 LMAO. so im raising that back up.

One thing im noticing is, im leeching everything fine, except mana. I can run through about 7 AI's until i start running out of mana, which doesnt seem right. I have only been fighting navery for now, but whats the deal? My wep is a Longsword with 50 ML and AI at 171.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Allegedly.
Playing a Sampire (Swords, fencing, macer), whammy (throwing/archery/melee), necro nuke mage (max SDI), ABC and a mage sw'ing tamer...... unless there is something outside of those.... Yes, a whammy thrower outdamages all of those.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In terms of straight DPS, an ornate does more damage, but when you take into account armor, a soul glaive has Armor Ignore. And with a whammy, you just chain AI.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, I have been using my wraith thrower for Navrey and other slow moving bosses (i.e. Slasher, Rikktor, etc). I find I can outdamage most at Navrey using AI on the Thrower. And I also got sick of being killed by the rocks when someone triggered them when I was webbed (which seemed to happen more often than not).

My sampire is next on the list to tweak. I'm still debating 80, 90, or 100 chiv. I think I can get by with 100 bushido as I never LS anymore... it's all AI provided I have the mana. Gonna test that as well.

-OBSIDIAN-

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Macer/Pally (Not a Sampire or Whammy) has 80.0 Real Chiv, and his EoO has +50% Damage, and his Con Wep has 100% Proc Chance, and 0% Bonus Damage. Oddly enough, when i put on my Sign of Order, and go up to 90.0 Chiv, none of those change. He's at 26k Karma.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
When you mouse over the icon for EOO, nothing changes for me at different skills. It still says 50%. I think this must be a mistake as Logrus posted in a different thread that there are very real changes to the EOO damage increases. Read this: http://vboards.stratics.com/1990615-post9.html.

So you get the 100% chance for CW to give you the best elemental damage type at 80 CW. But you don't get to what we had before the pub with EOO damage until you get to 100 Chiv.

-OBSIDIAN-

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you mouse over the icon for EOO, nothing changes for me at different skills. It still says 50%. I think this must be a mistake as Logrus posted in a different thread that there are very real changes to the EOO damage increases. Read this: http://vboards.stratics.com/1990615-post9.html.

So you get the 100% chance for CW to give you the best elemental damage type at 80 CW. But you don't get to what we had before the pub with EOO damage until you get to 100 Chiv.

-OBSIDIAN-
Eoo icon does not show the real numbers until you attack something.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh, hell... I guess I may need to raise chivalry after all.

Z

Zyron

100 chiv has been working out well for me as well, im still in the process of lowering my parry and raising my anatomy. i wanted to get my intelligence up and accidentally lowered my dex to 36 LMAO. so im raising that back up.

One thing im noticing is, im leeching everything fine, except mana. I can run through about 7 AI's until i start running out of mana, which doesnt seem right. I have only been fighting navery for now, but whats the deal? My wep is a Longsword with 50 ML and AI at 171.
idd appreciate a response to this, although it is off topic, sorry :thumbup:

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure there. I've gone to Navrey and been out of mana after two AIs, and also run out after around ten. War Axe with 60 mana leech. It's just the RNG being ass.