• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How much Chivalry is enough?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My samurai character is coming along. I decided to finish the mana intensive training so I can put the 100 med from this character on a soul stone and open up the skill points. I don't want to pull the med, however, until I'm done with Chivalry training.

I am at 75 now. I was expecting to never fail at Enemy of One (EOO). It's not even close. I can't find a good chart on stratics that tells me how much skill I need to never fail. Anyway, in your opinion, for a Samurai, how much Chivalry is the perfect amount? Should I push it to 80? I checked all my ring/bracelets, and I don't have any high DCI/HCI/DI ones that add any chivalry.

Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

S

S.W.A.T

I don't much about chivalry, but I think 105 chivalry never fails one holy light and 105+ above only gives you a better chance to cure yourself from dexxers lethal/deadly poison

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I personally believe 85-90 is about right, though the Tactics changes forced me to drop one character back to 80 (and I hate it). 85 is an 80% chance IIRC to cast Enemy of one (compared to 70% at 80), and that 70% seems to me to act more like a 30% chance.

For any Chivalry spell, add 50 to the minimum skill to get it's skill where it hits 100% success.

Most skills have either a 2/1 or 5/2 (example: magery) advance pattern, before factoring in if they begin at 0, or some other score (tailor, for example, starts items at 50% chance of success, turning a 2/1 or 50 point type window into only a 25 point one).

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the inputs. I'm going to look for a ring/bracelet first with between 10-15 Chiv and DCI/HCI. I'll see what I can find. If that doesn't work, I'll kick it up to 80 and see how I like it. It's going to be a trade off between Tactics-Chivalry-Healing. Worst case, I'll lower my healing and throw on a ring for that. I know i have a +14 healing ring with good DCI.

Any idea why Stratics doens't have a table of success rates of Chivalry spells? They do for lots of other skills.

-OBSIDIAN-

Faith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you can have less chivalry if you have max karma. Get max karma (If you don't already have it) and see how many times you fail EOO at your level.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have near-max karma, and fail EoO 2-4 times the rate that should be occurring at my skill level.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think you can have less chivalry if you have max karma. Get max karma (If you don't already have it) and see how many times you fail EOO at your level.
I though the Karma only impacted the effectiveness of your spells. For instance, I though it made it heal more hit points, cure stronger poison, or have effects with longer duration (i.e. consecrate weapon). The skill of the chivalry user determined if the spell was "cast" or "fizzled". At least, that is how I understood it. Am I wrong?

-OBSIDIAN-

K

KoolAidAddict

Its been a general acknowledgment of pretty much all the spells in uo needing minimum skill required to cast PLUS 50 to never fail.

So, look at your chiv book, check enemy's min skill to cast, add 50 and you got your target of how high it "needs" to go.

Dont be throwin no flame spells my way if'n it varies some.
Just passin along what I picked up on the grapevine.:p

Peace.