• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How many times can a pet be transfered?

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There use to be a limit on the number of owners that a pet could have. It seems like after a pet was transfered 4 times, it could not be transfered again. Also, each time a pet was transfered, it became harder to command. The way to get around this was to release and retame the animal. Is this limit of owners still in the game?

G

I just came upon a pet that went wild and gave me the "This pet has had too many masters" message when I tried to tame it so I imagine so. I don't recall the maximum number, though...

I

imported_Hinotori

You can transfer a pet as many times as you like. Long ago, they would get harder to control the more times they where transfered. That was removed. A released pet is a different story and it depends on how high your taming is on whether it can be tamed by you. I've come across wild cus that my 110 tamer got the "this pet has had to many masters..." message but my 120 tamer could try and tame it. There is a max number of owners though before no one but a previous owner can tame it.

If I remember right, taming difficulty goes up 5 points every time a pet is tamed or retamed (except by a previous owner).

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the reply. I now have my new dog in the stable waiting to bond.