• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] How many skills per Craftsman do you have?

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have tried as I always did to have one crafter with BS, Tailoring, Carpentry, Tinkering, Mining, Lumberjacking, along with some magery to get around. Then we needed Armslore to do a better job of things so I had to add that. I went into 120 for several of those skills when they were needed. Now I have stoned off LJ to make room for those 120 skills and still only have some magery to get around.

Times and game changes require that we have to adapt to the changes. Still I have to find another character to do my wood chopping now and it feels different. I am just glad we don't need 120 LJ to get the color woods.

So I ask what skills does your craftsman have and how did they change over the years? Do you have more than one crafter now?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Main crafter:

120 blacksmith
120 tailor
120 imbuing
100 tinker
100 carpentry
100 arms lore
60 magery (with items its about 110)

Another kinda mule character that I swap skills around alot with.

120 fishing
100 lumberjack
100 mining
100 cooking
100 alchemy
100 something i forgot
100 magery

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
On Siege I'm training all the skills on my primary characteress to have all them stoned to swap templates around whenever I need it. Currently I only have tinkering, mining, alchemy. Soon will be done with carpentry, lumberjacking, inscription and tailoring.

Lordela

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
This is a good question : you had better to think about the best complementary skills.
It is obvious you can't get any usefull skills on only one crafter, so what's the best choice ? There're many good (best ?) combo, here are some of them :

- ARMS LORE to be combined with : Tailor + blacksmith + bowcraft + carpenter + tinker
- INSCRIPTION to be combined with : meditation
- STRENGTH ?? it's not a skill, but you take advantage to link it with lumberjack + miner because you need as many strengh as possible for both.
NB : collecting ressources is not necessary linked to crafting skills. The mining or lumberjacking skills are not required to be combined with crafting skills, since your crafters take advantage to do his job at home, next to the "ressource chest".
Another tip : no need to collect cotton with your tailor. A + 50 mage is required because both cotton fields are not in the same area and you have to go back home (same for miner, lumberjack).
CARTOGRAPHY to be combined with a +50 miner
anything elese ?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess I do things a little different then most.
I don't farm wood or ore. So I have mining on my tamer/treasure hunter. I have alchemy and inscription on my focused Mage. I have lumber jacking on one of my warriors for the damage increase.

Now for my crafter...it is easy.
At all times I keep 120
BS
Tailor
imbuing
Magery, and
100 armslore on him.

I have gm carp tinkering fletching etc on stones to switch up as required

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So my main crafter is more along the "classic" lines:
120 Blacksmithy
120 Tailoring
100 Arms Lore
100 Bowcraft/Fletching
100 Carpentry
100 Tinkering
Then 80 Magery +skill items.

Have an outdoors type that is similar:
120 Imbuing
120 Blacksmithy
On the way to 120 tailoring...
100 Item ID
100 Lumberjacking
100 Mining
100 Magery (marked to go down)

Then on my second account:
120 Blacksmithy
100 Alchemy
100 Magery
100 Meditation
100 Inscription
100 Cooking
100 Lumberjacking

Works fairly well!

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A dedicated mule, is a waste, unless you really use that char the most.
I have all crafting skills on soulstones, and just swap them when i need something made.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find a dedicated mule the easiest to craft with, especially when building suits.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what I've done on most of the non-Abyss shards for crafters/resource gatherers:

Artificer/Tailor/Smith
100 Arms Lore
120 Imbuing
120 Tailoring
120 Blacksmithing
100 Magery
100 Meditation
60 Evaluate Intelligence (or on some shards, Tinkering)

Carpenter/Tinker/Fletcher (on same account with artificer/tailor/smith so skills can be swapped over to make soulforges or to do reforging)
100 Arms Lore
100 Carpentry
100 Tinkering
100 Fletching
100 Magery
19 Music (with +26 Music on jewelry has 45 Music to make instruments)
75 Tailoring
80 Blacksmithing
~45 Meditation (depends on how much Music skill is on jewelry)

Miner/Lumberjack/Fisher (usually on same account as above two characters because they got the lumberjacking the carpenter used to have and the mining the blacksmith used to have)
100 Mining
100 Lumberjacking
100-120 Fishing, depending on scrolls used
100-110 Magery
100-120 Music
100-120 Peacemaking
remainder in Evaluate Intelligence

If I'd been smart about it before starting to work on treasure hunters, I would have also made them on the same account with the miner/fisher/lumberjack characters so they could borrow the mining, music, and peacemaking skills.

Usually on a different account, I have a character that has magery, inscription, cooking, alchemy, med, eval, and maybe poisoning or spellweaving.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just because they were there, I have 3 BOD runners on my secondary accounts that are closing in on 120 smith/120 tailor/100 arms lore/100 mining. If I have junk BODs to fill to get new BODs, I use those characters on stuff they might gain from (I really need to start playing enough to actually get more BODs). A 4th character is my primary smith/tailor that has most of the recipes, with the rest of his skills designed to go out collecting leather (used to collect his own barbed leather in Destard, even getting his reptile slayer skinning knife there as loot, until the advent of Greater Dragons, which are out of his league).

My main account has a the T-hunter that mines, a Mace-fighting Paladin/Blacksmith that digs in Ilshenar specifically looking to dig up paragon ore eles, and an Archer that can stone on Bowcrafting. The Blacksmith & Archer share Arms Lore on a soulstone. Another character dabbles in cooking, gaining skill from taking all that obnoxious blackrock my miners bring back and making blackrock stew for my Bane dragon. My mage/mystic has inscription, for obvious reasons.

Everything else, is on the following character:

Alchemy 100
Blacksmith 70 (with ASH for getting as high as 130 if needed) - primarily for add-ons and BOD running
Carpentry: 100
Imbuing: 120
Mining: 95 (with imbued +5 mining gloves for 100)
Musicianship: 5 (extra jewelry set, Singing Axe and Minstrel Talisman to get the skill for instruments)
Tailor 75 - for add-ons and BOD running
Tinkering 100
Magery: 55 (plus alchemist talisman and +15 Tokuno Artifact spellbook to reach 75, then another +27 Magery from Jewelry for 102 total)
Lumberjack & Arms Lore can be soulstoned on as needed in place of carp or tinker.

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Mine has:

120 Blacksmith
120 Tailoring
120 Imbuing
100 Tinkering
100 Carpentry
100 Arms Lore
40 Chivalry (65 with jewelery for 100% Sacred Journey)
20 Music (45 with jewelery for crafting instruments for my Bards)

Then on stones I have Alchemy, LJ and Mining, which I rarely ever use.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am old school I guess all crafters have survival hunting skills
so for example my smith is
Anatomy 100
Arms Lore 100
Blacksmith 120
Healing 100
Tactics 100
Mace fighting 100