• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How many sim slots?

I

illianne

How many slots are we supposed to have on a paid account? I currently have 3 sims in tc3 and one in the production cities(AV) I would like to have 2 more sims in the production cities but have no slots left. When I log in my select a sim screen shows my one AV sim and 2 of my 3 tc3 sims ,thus no more room. Am I missing something? Thanks

M

Monkeybear

We have 3 for production cities and 6 for TC3 and when 8 for EA Land, when it opens.

I

imported_LFancey

illianne,
This is correct behavior if you are selecting to play TSO or you are bypassing the login screen by unsing TSOClient.exe directly.

Lee

G

I'm in the same situation, illianne. I asked this question too, in this thread. I have 2 accounts, and on one I can't create in any other city besides TC3, since I have 1 in BF and 2 TC3 sims.

I

illianne

Thankyou,now how do I get to make 2 more sims in the production cities? Delete my tc3 sims? I log in from the ealand client and select tso upon login.
oh Ladykatherine,I just read your post,looks like I am stuck then.

G

Deleting in TC3 is the only way for now, if you have 1 in AV and 2 TC3 sims. There is not enough room, since your TC3 sims take up 2 slots.
When EA-Land opens (they are targeting mid-January according to Luc's post in the blog) we will hopefully be able to create in other cities as well.

As I said in my other post, I wish I had known before I created in TC3. I couldn't find information about this anywhere before I created my sims.

I

illianne

I have 3 tc3 sims and will delete 2 of them and see what happens;I am not enamored with them anyway.

N

NightFlyer

Good luck.

It takes a week between each retirement per account on TC3 sims.

G

So if, like illianne, you want to delete 2 out of 3 sims in tc3, you have to wait a week to delete the second one? oO

Me, I'll just wait it out, for EA-Land to open. I am not going to delete any of my sims, just to check out cities that may or may not be deserted. I play tc3 mostly anyway.

N

NightFlyer

Actually you must delete all TC3 sims on an account to open a production city slot.

A week between each.

I

imported_LFancey

NightFlyer,

Not exactly right. It is possible to have 3 production city sims and 6 TC3 sims.

The order that you created them will determine this.

Lee

N

NightFlyer

If you retired a production city sim to create a TC3 sim (leaving 2 production city sims) and then filled the TC3 slots I believe you must retire all TC3 sims too make a third production city sim. Taking 1 week between each TC3 retirement.

If I am wrong about this please correct me.

I

illianne

It will definitely take a week between sims as I just retired one and have to wait 7 days to retire another one.

G

<blockquote><hr>

NightFlyer,

Not exactly right. It is possible to have 3 production city sims and 6 TC3 sims.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there any chance that this could be "fixed" prior to EA-Land opening? Taking into consideration the fact that it was our CHOICE to recreate in TC3, I completely understand if it isn't. However, it would be nice if those of us who ran into TC3 on the first day had the same opportunities as those who waited for the new startup menu.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

NightFlyer,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there any chance that this could be "fixed" prior to EA-Land opening? Taking into consideration the fact that it was our CHOICE to recreate in TC3, I completely understand if it isn't. However, it would be nice if those of us who ran into TC3 on the first day had the same opportunities as those who waited for the new startup menu.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard there are no new plans to adjust slots. However, we will have 4 slots in EA-Land. Those of us that only have 2 sims to merge will have 2 open slots for creating new sims
. Some people will be merging 3 and have only 1 slot for creation the day EALand opens. No telling how long it will take to merge all the cities, so I am grateful for the 2 open slots for creating new sims.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I've heard there are no new plans to adjust slots. However, we will have 4 slots in EA-Land. Those of us that only have 2 sims to merge will have 2 open slots for creating new sims
. Some people will be merging 3 and have only 1 slot for creation the day EALand opens. No telling how long it will take to merge all the cities, so I am grateful for the 2 open slots for creating new sims.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had heard the same thing, and had asked if there were plans to change this weeks ago at the Pub. Which is exactly why I am voicing my concern. Given the choice, I'd (obviously, from my prior post) choose to have my third slot prior to the merge. I'd just like to see the choice given, because I know I'm not alone in my wishes. I'm not going to be horribly distraught if the dev's don't consider this, but the only way they will consider it is if they see it is something that (some) players want.

G

I agree with Sindran. I would like to have the choice.

I have 2 accounts, with 1 BF sim on each. I would have liked the opportunity to visit other cities too, like AV or DC where I used to have sims before. Since my TC3 sims are now filling up the rest of those 3 slots, there is no way I can do that. It doesn't really matter to me how many new slots I will have the day EALand opens. If I only have 1, fine.

What I found the most annoying, there was no information to be found about this. Had I known, I would have created in the production cities of my choice first, then in TC3. I would love to see these 2 select sim pages separated. Like it is now, I'm basically stuck in either BF or TC3.

To get information about how the game is now, you have to look through a lot of posts here at the boards (and be lucky you get any relevant threads when you search), at the blog, EA's customer support pages (some information there is not correct) and the official TSO site. Not everyone has the time, or the patience, to look around. I am not surprised new players are confused, even 'old' returning players.

G

That is an unfortunate side effect of living through *interesting times*.
The game changes on a weekly basis.....relevant information from a few months ago, no longer applies, which makes it near impossible to keep up to date on all aspects of the current game.

Nothing will be completely reliable, until EALand opens and the cities are merged.

*Side Note: But if anyone feels they can write a useful, detailed guide to the recent changes, the help would be most welcome.....here or on the Wiki.

G

I know, Gilly. It can be very difficult to keep up with everything now, especially if you are completely new to the game. Things change all the time, nothing is set in stone yet. And yes, the times are indeed interesting

I understand I just have to be patient, and wait for the merge.

I

illianne

Thanks for all the feedback and info;I have decided to be patient and wait for Ealand to open. No harm done with the used slots for tc3, the sims are there if AV is down and tc3 is up and I feel like a challenge!

G

GRINCH II

i had this problem before and had to delete my tc3 sims in order to make a 3rd sim in the regular cities. i asked the devs in the pub why the seperate slot for tc3 didnt seperate the games so we can have the 3 slots open for the regular cities and then tc3 sims on another choice.

i did delete all my tc3 sims to get it done and recreated in tc3 as soon as i was able to. but that is the only way to get 3 sims in production cities and then your 6 sims in tc3.

C

Creed84

<blockquote><hr>

NightFlyer,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

You are incorrect Lee, the way it is, is that each account has 3 sim slots not 4 to start with. In order to get the extra slots for TC3 you have to have 1 of the 3 available slots a TC3 sim to getthe extra slots for TC3 sims. You have never added that 4th slot so that we could have 3 sims in the production cities and 1 in TC3. You have only made more slots available to create more sims in TC3. When those exra slots were made available for TC3sims, you stated that they would not be available to you unless one of the original 3 slots was a TC3 sim, meaning leaving only 2 slots for production city sims. If when the production cities merge into EALand, the production city slots will have the same options for creating more sims from them like the TC3 slot does, then we will have the extra slots available for production city sims?

Checking the box on the login screen for TC3 test does not give you that extra slot to have sims in TC# unless 1 of the original 3 slots has a TC# sim in it. So as of right now, an account can only have 2 sims in production cities if they have a sim in TC3 on that account.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

NightFlyer,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

You are incorrect Lee, the way it is, is that each account has 3 sim slots not 4 to start with. In order to get the extra slots for TC3 you have to have 1 of the 3 available slots a TC3 sim to getthe extra slots for TC3 sims. You have never added that 4th slot so that we could have 3 sims in the production cities and 1 in TC3. You have only made more slots available to create more sims in TC3. When those exra slots were made available for TC3sims, you stated that they would not be available to you unless one of the original 3 slots was a TC3 sim, meaning leaving only 2 slots for production city sims. If when the production cities merge into EALand, the production city slots will have the same options for creating more sims from them like the TC3 slot does, then we will have the extra slots available for production city sims?

Checking the box on the login screen for TC3 test does not give you that extra slot to have sims in TC# unless 1 of the original 3 slots has a TC# sim in it. So as of right now, an account can only have 2 sims in production cities if they have a sim in TC3 on that account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Creed. If you are using the tso.exe in your TSOPatch directory to launch your game then it is very possible to have 3 sims in TSO and another in TC3. I know many players in TC3 that arrived after this option became available. You do not have to delete one of your old sims to get to TC3 anymore. This option is not available if you launch your game using tsoclient.exe in the tsoclient directory.

C

Creed84

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

NightFlyer,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Creed. If you are using the tso.exe in your TSOPatch directory to launch your game then it is very possible to have 3 sims in TSO and another in TC3. I know many players in TC3 that arrived after this option became available. You do not have to delete one of your old sims to get to TC3 anymore. This option is not available if you launch your game using tsoclient.exe in the tsoclient directory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, ok thanks, wonder why it hasn't been made to just take affect by just going through what had already been set-up and not digging through files?
BTW, so this means we have do have 4 basic slots available?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

NightFlyer,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, ok thanks, wonder why it hasn't been made to just take affect by just going through what had already been set-up and not digging through files?
BTW, so this means we have do have 4 basic slots available?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it is set up to work with the proper installation and use of TSO. If you are using user created shortcuts to tsoclient.exe then you are bypassing all the changes. Launching the game with original icons given by EA should launch the tso.exe file in your patch folder. Over the years many players have created their own shortcust to tsoclient in order to run more than one account at a time. Doing this is not supported bye EA.

If you currently have 3 sims in TSO and patch to TC3 you have the ability to create 6 sims in TC3.

N

NightFlyer

If you retired a sim originally to get to TC3 I believe you must still retire all TC3 sims to get the production city slot back.

Perhaps a dev can correct this if it is wrong? (Second request for verification of this)

G

I nominate "shortcust" to be TSO-sPeEk word of the year for 2007!

("Trail" accounts was word of the year for 2006, what was 2005?)

Simlish is so Freudian.

Edited to add something on-topic...I retired a 700 day old sim in Blazing Falls in order to get the ability to patch to TC3 and therefore enabled all 8 of my accounts (yes, I am nutz, but playing 4 or less accounts at a time bores me to death) to create there. I have tried every which way to Mongolia to figure out how to get a slot back on that account in a production city. I *would* love to do that so I can at least start building up skill locks again.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

If you retired a sim originally to get to TC3 I believe you must still retire all TC3 sims to get the production city slot back.

Perhaps a dev can correct this if it is wrong? (Second request for verification of this)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct Nightflyer.

Even new players were getting stuck in TC3 because they would create 6 sims there and would not even have the option to create any sims in TSO because they used up the first 3 slots with TC3 sims.

New paying subscribers must create their first 3 sims in TSO before patching to TC3 and creating sims there or your TC3 sims will use up the TSO slots.

I believe the buzz word for 2005 was "payout"

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

I too have 3 accounts and on the first two I have 2 prod city sims and 1 tc sim, and able to create 5 more tc3 sims on each. But on the 3rd acct, i have 3 prod city sims and waited until they gave us the slots for tc3, and now have my 3 prod city sims and 6 tc3 sims. Depending on which shortcut I use, if i use TSOpatch/tso exe. I just see all 6 of my tc3 sims.

T

Tristan Lewis

Im setting here thinking sometimes this is bad others its good. Well this time I beleave its good. The way I understand it is when the Devs. set it up so you can have multipul sims in TC3 thay made it so you had to wait 7 days between retiring sims. That I beleave was done so people would not exploite it and flood the city with simoleans. If that is the case then now that the start up funds are $0 I think it would be wise to change it so you can delete a sim every 30 seconds if you wish. Thats my thought of the day.
Now for my question of the day. Ive Read this thread and the way I understand it is when all said and done we could have a total of 14 sims per account. Do we have to have our BV sims created prior to the merge to have them 4 extra slots available to us?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Im setting here thinking sometimes this is bad others its good. Well this time I beleave its good. The way I understand it is when the Devs. set it up so you can have multipul sims in TC3 thay made it so you had to wait 7 days between retiring sims. That I beleave was done so people would not exploite it and flood the city with simoleans. If that is the case then now that the start up funds are $0 I think it would be wise to change it so you can delete a sim every 30 seconds if you wish. Thats my thought of the day.
Now for my question of the day. Ive Read this thread and the way I understand it is when all said and done we could have a total of 14 sims per account. Do we have to have our BV sims created prior to the merge to have them 4 extra slots available to us?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe it would be fair that only players with BV sims get a total of 8 slots so more than likely if you do not have BV sims you will have 4 extra slots for creation once BV is merged with EALand.

In the end...we will all have 8 slots in EA and 6 slots in TC3 is my understanding.

G

<blockquote><hr>

In the end...we will all have 8 slots in EA and 6 slots in TC3 is my understanding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Off with their heads! Then I am off to BV to kill my sims. Who wants their stuff?