• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How many PlunderBeacons can you take down in 1 day ?

How many PlunderBeacons can you on average take down every day during your average play time ?

• Total voters

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your average game day.

Whether you can play 30 minutes, 1 hour or more hours in a day, how many PlunderBeacons on average you can take down in a day for whatever average time you can play that day ?

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I farm about 300k doubloons a day then repair/restock my chars, cannons and ship. I do pirates and merchant ships for cargo, powder and fuse cord. I get an orc ship every couple days(plan number 4 is the one I almost never get).

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Its easy to get them, zento has them in close areas. Found 4 next to each other about a week ago. Called in the guild so we could share the points.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't understand the point of this poll ? Are you trying to find out if others are having more fun than you ? Are luckier than you ? Do more damage than you ? Have more doubloons than you ? I honestly don't get the point of most of your meaningless posts both here and on the official forums. I hate to judge you without having ever met you, but I feel like they're may be something going on at home ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand the point of this poll ? Are you trying to find out if others are having more fun than you ? Are luckier than you ? Do more damage than you ? Have more doubloons than you ? I honestly don't get the point of most of your meaningless posts both here and on the official forums. I hate to judge you without having ever met you, but I feel like they're may be something going on at home ?
Well, there is another POLL about the amount of Doubloons, right ?

Having also a POLL about the number of PlunderBeacons taken down on average in a day, it would be additional information, of course assuming it as accurate and that players do not post just for fun, of what "on average" the average player does in terms of PlunderBeacons taken down and Doubloons obtained....

It all if of course largely inaccurate since crates could be turned in to Towns, a good number of crates being turned in for doubloons could be obtained not by PlunderBeacons but by pirate/merchant Ships but nonetheless, it could still be interesting information to ponder about....

As in regards the "usefullness" or "not usefullness" of a post, ain't it all relative ?

What is that old saying ? A man's trash is another man's treasure ?

What might not look usefull to someone might instead look usefull to someone else....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Generally in the hour I can take 3 to 4 if I can find that many without someone else coming in and trying to jack them... and without getting stuck by too many sea serpents and other crap or without running into other ships like the orc pirates and the merchant(smuggler) ships getting in my way... which take much longer to take down than the beacons especially when I have to chase them down...

But on average 3 to 4...

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should have had an option for "none". hehe. That's about where I am!!! :p

I see many people on rowboats doing the fighting with skill-sets I dont have. Its a challenge enough for me fighting a ship that is moving totally unrealistically away across the entire spawn area... and I'll get around it and it will do the same thing in another direction. Makes me wish we had wind direction in the factor so I could sit in the right spot waiting for them to smash in to me and they could taste powder until that ship is destroyed.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't forget, that Evil Omen increases the damage a Plunder Beacon takes from Cannon damage by 25%. Orc Ship normally does 6,500 damage to a Plunder Beacon, but does 8,125 damage when Plunder Beacon is under Evil Omen. More Damage = Less Shots Needed = Resources Saved.
EO+Cannon.PNG

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey PlayerSkill, how did you get your pet to go onto the plunderbeacon? Is there some secret to it?
Sometimes my pet will teleport onto it, but usually I have to coax him with
all stop
all follow
and then try to have him follow one of the Orc Crew or the Lighthouse itself.

Back on topic: It takes me about a half hour to defeat a plunderbeacon, and 5-10 minutes to find another.
I can defeat maybe three in a day because I am too impatient these days.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey PlayerSkill, how did you get your pet to go onto the plunderbeacon? Is there some secret to it?
Sometimes my pet will teleport onto it, but usually I have to coax him with
all stop
all follow
and then try to have him follow one of the Orc Crew or the Lighthouse itself.
That was my Serpentine Dragon. He wasn't on the Plunder Beacon, he was still on my ship, he just takes up half the screen practically, lol. Serpentine Dragons definitely look goofy in CC, they still have the original UO Third Dawn graphic, while they look MUCH better (and smaller) in EC.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Generally in the hour I can take 3 to 4
I think this is a good estimate for an hour. Sometimes you can find 2 or 3 in one area and other times you find all ships and have to wait for them to despawn or kill a ship or two while waiting. Or move to another area and hope for beacons.

Hey PlayerSkill, how did you get your pet to go onto the plunderbeacon?
If you have a pet that you chose magery mastery on, they will teleport to the orcs. But they will not teleport back to your ship. You should watch loyalty rating if they do this because you may be giving them commands while out of line of sight. You can also put a summons next to an orc,

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think this is a good estimate for an hour. Sometimes you can find 2 or 3 in one area and other times you find all ships and have to wait for them to despawn or kill a ship or two while waiting. Or move to another area and hope for beacons.

If you have a pet that you chose magery mastery on, they will teleport to the orcs. But they will not teleport back to your ship. You should watch loyalty rating if they do this because you may be giving them commands while out of line of sight. You can also put a summons next to an orc,
My unicorn with Magery Master ever so occasionally will teleport onto the beacon... but that's very rare... more often though you have to really keep an eye on it as it will always teleport onto an orc ship if they attack it or me... and if you aren't paying attention you'll sail away from it.