• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] how many pieces are in the Leprecon Suit?

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just curious what all makes up the whole suit

Hemisphere

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloak, long pants, and feathered hat (green), fancy shirt (white), and boots (dark blue/black)

According to Stratics at any rate :D sounds right to me.

Technically a full set could be said to include the green mug as well, which came as loot along with the clothes.

Edit: not sure what the wizards' hat is doing in that picture tbh, it definitely shouldn't be there ;)

M

Moby Grape

A fellow IDOCer friend had just pulled out, 4 complete Leppy sets, out of a very old Fall on Pac.

All the sets, included the Wizards Hat, in the same green hue as the Feathered Hat, Pants, and Cloak.

I know they were loot drops by killing the Leprecons at that time, but cannt explain the Wizard Hat connection with the set.

Started playing long after the event had ended, and questioned too, why the graphic showed the Wizard Hat, until I saw my friends sets.

Can anyone shed some more light on this?

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not a full suit if the boots aren't in it, the boots are the most important component

M

Moby Grape

Yeah, Yeah, they all have the boots!

The question is about the Wizards hat.

TirNaNo'g

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible some leprechauns wore wizard hats and others wore the feathered hats?
I can't remember...

I've also been told before that the leprechaun clothing color is reproducable with a dyetub, so it might be rather unimportant what clothing a set has, as if that's a dyeable green then the only special thing would be the boots.

CapN

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
C'mon Demonous, I know you have been to Xanadu many times and even owned and sold copies of this book.

From the Xanadu Information Library, Chesapeake

About Leprechauns - by Laurette

For a short time around St. Patricks day of 1999, Leprecauns roamed the land. Dressed in green pants and cloaks, with white fancy shirts and special off-black boots, each Leprechaun also carried a green mug, many of which grace homes to this day. The boots were a unique undyeable shade of blue/black, identical to the darkest of the original four evil mage robe shades of the day.

There were two very different types of Leprechaun. Most of St. Pattys pals were found in places where they had temporarily replaced evil mages- in teh lower buildings of the Fire Dungeon, or upon the island and acid elemental areas inside Despise. This type would often swarm folks and use the same magical attacks as evil mages. A second kind of leprecaun was seen outside of the dungeons, in places like the Hedge Maze. These were much more wicked than their cousins and possessed intelligence and abilities equal to Seers of that time. These fiercer foes dressed slightly differently, choosing to wear Feathered style instead of Wizards hats.

Unproven rumors still exist claiming that the Feather-hat Leprechaun Leader may have possessed three unique objects- including a Cane, Pipe, and 3rd mystery item. A unique green "Leprechaun Spellbook" book has been on display at the Salem Rarities museum for many years, and a renamed weapon graphic "Cane" has been seen on Baja.

Some Dragoons drop boots exactly the same color as the Leprecaun ones, but the boots crumble upon being touched, though some were brought into museum possession by having first been looted by other monsters directly into bags. True Lep boots are always hue #1109.

Combat Wombat of Chesapeake once undyed Leprechaun boots and got.. regular ones.