• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How Many People Remember...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I remember my husband doing that, he tried to explain it to me, but it sounded a bit too silly! :D

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It wasn't long after Mondain's legacy came out that they changed it to a different system, I remember GMing a couple of spell weavers using boat

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And i still log in and out every 15 mins to get my gains!

;)

ROT

Stubentiger

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ah anti macroing measures ..... good weird times ....I wonder if developers get taught such stuff in courses.
:)

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
8x8 was used to circumvent the anti-macro code that UO had. You had to move around in order to keep gaining, otherwise your gains would rapidly diminish. Fortunately, standing on a boat as it moved, counted as moving around. The anti-macro code also applied to targeting the same target over and over again for gains. Why you had to have a bag of 20 daggers to poison and loop through them when training Poisoning. Once they got rid of the anti-macro code, you can stand in the same spot and poison the same dagger over and over again for gains.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Powerhour at that special place in Delucia, raising magery and trying to get those illusive 'pure black sandals' :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Powerhour at that special place in Delucia, raising magery and trying to get those illusive 'pure black sandals' :D
The double blessed black sandals...

I remember one of my characters coming with a bank box LOADED with a massive collection of colored sandals... one of my old friends must have spent ages collecting them back in the day as well as a HUGE collection of tribal masks.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just tame an eagle and rename it to "a phoenix". Problem solved. :p
Already have a parrot on a perch that i've re-named....but it's just not the same.
An eagle would be doable if i only ever wanted to hunt....rats, possibly Mongbats if i chain healed it :p

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
8x8ing on a boat? I was out sailing around and when I hid my character I got a skill gain. For some reason this took me back to the days of 8x8ing... Thinking back I have no idea why this worked for gaining skills but I remember doing it.
Yeah. I did it on land more often though. From the brit moongate area to behind LB's castle, north all the way to the mountain. :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When I joined the Yew Militia many, many years ago it was long rumored that there was a "Gain line" That ran from Yew Abbey down to the back side of the Shipwrights... And if you followed that line while doing whatever... mostly hiding and stealth... you'd get far higher gains...

It seemed true. Used it on many occasions... Probably just mental but it did seem to gain faster than anywhere else.