• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tinkering] How many ingots to train 40-100?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've never trained tinkering. I'm going to start today or tomorrow. The FAQ updated in 2008 says it will take between 15K - 20K ingots. Is this still correct?

Thanks! I'm planning to stockpile first before training and want a rough wag on how much I need to procure.

-OBSIDIAN-

T

TheMac

I think 15-20k is about right, I just trained mine up and I dont think it even took that much. Just make sure your crafting the right stuff, most of the stuff you craft will only cost about 1-4 ingots a peice.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then there is crafting to fill Heartwood quest to get more out of training.

There is also this stuff called wood.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you use lockpicks to train, suggest you get someone to help your tinker do the friend of the library quest, and donate to the Thief collection on the second floor.

If you use wind chimes after that, you'll want to make the type that the trinket weavers want for the quest in Heartwood.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks. I will probably train as quickly as possible. My biggest need is to get to GM so I can alter glasses for my gargoyle characters. I'll work heartwood quests when I have time after that.

-OBSIDIAN-