• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

how many arrows to go from 30 to GM

• Thread starter imported_Veganite
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Veganite

Thinking of makeing an Archer. how many arrows will I need to go from 30 to GM.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that is a hard one to say since arrows/bolts are so easy to get you just get them as you need them.

id say since 30 to 115 i have used less then 60k maybe even less then 40k

from about 90 to 115 was fighting pretty much only peerless and not just going out to get gains. i would just buy 1k in bolts and use them till i ran out. they last about 3 or 4 peerless. this is collecting the ones left on the corpse at the end.

i picked up a hunters headdress untill i gained skill so i was fighting at a capped level the whole time. the gains were steady tho, gaining about .5 to 1 full points per peerless untill i got to 115. i use a heavy xbow with 35 ssi hml and hsl.

before 90, i went to doom at around 65 and just stood back and shoot. i would miss alot but gained skill rather quickly.
i used up about 3k in bolts in doom. i used a night reaper.

before 60s i was in haven doing the new player quest to 50, that went very fast.
used only a few hundred bolts. i used night reaper there too.

I

imported_Veganite

Thank you. I was just looking for ball park figure. I want to stock up before I start I have plenty of boards so I'll just get feathers for a few hours. Any idea on how many hours it will take to get to at least 90?

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i never played for just skill gain, aside from doing the new haven quest.
it didnt take long tho, few hours in doom. i also got 3 arties. it was pretty busy down there. now days you could do the moonglow thing, just shoot and run.

while i was in new haven i gmed magic resist. this was a big help.
i also did the bushido, chiv, tactics, anatomy, healing quests to get those skills up. took me only one day to get all those skills in the 60s.

load up on hci items a really fast repeating xbow (you can even get hci right on the bow) and get your dex up to 125.
at this stage doing alot of dmg isnt as important as hitting what your shooting at.

putting a few quiver of elements in your pack lets you hold alot of arrows/bolts. plus they can be insured.

once you get to 75 you can do the golem thing, but i think it takes alot longer and you use alot more ammo. plus you get no loot, or arties.

I

imported_Veganite

Thanks, I have a finished swordsman that I plan to use. I'll soul stone his swords to learn archery.

I

imported_GFY

If your looking for skill gain I'd recommend doing what I did. Go to the Ice Dungeon and attack Arctic Ogre Lords. They spawn 1 at a time and you can lead (also known as kiting) them while you fight them.

For the best skill gaining take a fast bow, I have a repeating x-bow with 30 ssi and 15 hci, but no damage increase. You want to hit them a lot but not do too much damage. You will also what to max out your hci. (Did i mention you want to hit them a lot.
)

You will gain skill fairly quickly (I use this method whenever I train an archer) all the way to 120 skill.

You'll also collect a decent amount of gold, and at the same time you can train other skills such as Bushido, ninjitsu, or chivalry.