• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How luck affects everything

• Thread starter Corrupted Goblin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Corrupted Goblin

see below for what luck ACTUALLY does. crafters you can go back to your 100% lrc suits and stop crafting with luck suits.

S

Sunrise

Im not a Dev..but I did stay at a holiday Inn last night...

C

Corrupted Goblin

Your were awesome thank you. Devs please get this information coppied and placed somewheres on stratics.

Answer
All players have a rating called "luck" that can be modified by items that have "luck" as a property. Luck affects the loot you can find on monsters (that you kill) in three different ways:

Luck can affect the number of magic items the monster drops. The higher your luck, the more likely the monster will drop an additional magic item. However, it will not increase the number of magic items beyond what the creature's template allows. For example, if a Ratman Mage's template says it can drop between 1-2 magic items, having a high amount of luck may allow 2 magic items to appear in the Ratman’s loot, but high luck will not make it drop 3.
It can affect the number of properties on each magic item. The higher your luck, the more properties each object can have (up to the maximum number of properties each item allows).
It can affect the intensities of the properties on each magic item. The higher your luck, the higher each property might be raised in intensity. However, it will not increase a property beyond the maximum intensity that the template allows. The higher your luck, the more bonuses you can get. An extremely lucky person might find all 3 bonus groups applied to the loot drop from a monster he or she kills.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do I need luck to find magic items?

You do not need to have luck in order to find magic items. However, luck can increase the quality of the magic items that you do find.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How is luck determined when hunting in groups?

Party members who wouldn't have gained looting rights individually don't contribute to the party's instanced corpse, though they can still loot it. Only the luck value of the attack who did the most damage (the top attacker) is taking into account when loot is generated. Thus, the top attacker's luck benefits all players who can loot the monster.

How does luck work with Bards and Tamers?

Pets, summoned creatures, and provoked creatures act as sort of an extension of the player. So, even though the Bard or Tamer is not doing direct damage, their luck is still factored in when the monster generates its loot pack upon death, as long as the majority of the damage was dealt by the provoked or tamed creature.

Does luck affect loot in treasure chests?

It's important to note that luck only affects the magic items you find as loot on monsters. It doesn't improve items that you find in any kind of treasure chest and it doesn't affect the amount of gold a monster drops. It also does not play a part in runic crafting or enhancement.

Can I steal these bonus items off the same monsters? Will luck improve the items I steal?

Luck doesn't affect the items you can steal from a monster. Loot is only generated when a monster dies (aside from gold), so luck will only affect those magic items you'd find on a monster's corpse.

Calculating Luck

Luck translates directly into a % chance to get a bump in number of items, number of item properties and property intensity. The % is calculated very simply: it's luck ^ ( 1/1.8 ), which ends up being slightly better than the square root.

Bump Chance Luck % Increase
0.00% 0 0
12.92% 100 12.92%
18.98% 200 6.07%
23.78% 300 4.80%
27.90% 400 4.12%
31.58% 500 3.68%
34.95% 600 3.37%
38.07% 700 3.12%
41.00% 800 2.93%
43.78% 900 2.77%
46.42% 1000 2.64
48.94% 1100 2.52%
51.36% 1200 2.42

Please note that this table is only an example of your change to get a loot bump for different luck values. For values greater than 1200, please use the formula above to calculate your chance.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes very good info to know...i've been asking about strongbox loot and luck for years and now i have my answer :)

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never heard of a crafter wearing a luck suit to craft. the notion is a bit humorous. Kinda like the blind old days when nobody knew anything and people just sorta did things to figure out what they were.

F

Fortyniner

Any information on whether luck affects chance of doom/paragon drops?

K

Katlene

This is good to know. Answers have been mmixed over the years about the benefit of luck suits.
The one i have for my tamer isnt to shabby at all. But regs+bandies+loot i get quite full and have to make copious trips to offload. Oh how i wish BOS's would go back to how they were.

What is the maximum amount of luck possible? have to be cracking 2k by now

S

Seismic

Ok someone clear this up for me .. to get Doom artifacts you need to be one of the top damaging players but does luck have ANY affect on increasing the chance for an artifact at all?

I'm mainly speaking of Doom since that is where my bard is with 1000 luck. And if it is useless then I'm building a new Doom Barding suit!!

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok someone clear this up for me .. to get Doom artifacts you need to be one of the top damaging players but does luck have ANY affect on increasing the chance for an artifact at all?

I'm mainly speaking of Doom since that is where my bard is with 1000 luck. And if it is useless then I'm building a new Doom Barding suit!!
Patch Note of Publish 48
Killing bosses in Doom will increase your chances of getting an artifact drop:

* Killing bosses in Doom will increase your chances of getting an artifact drop:
* Each player character participating against a gauntlet boss or the Dark Father will accumulate artifact reward points.
* The more artifact reward points a player character accumulates, the more likely an artifact will spawn in his/her backpack.
* Player characters who score higher on the Top Attacker list will earn more points. However, everyone in the Top Attackers list that stays the entire duration of the combat (even if slain) will still earn points.
Leurocian's Posts No.1

Leurocian's Posts No.2

V

Vyrquenox

This is good to know. Answers have been mmixed over the years about the benefit of luck suits.
The one i have for my tamer isnt to shabby at all. But regs+bandies+loot i get quite full and have to make copious trips to offload. Oh how i wish BOS's would go back to how they were.

What is the maximum amount of luck possible? have to be cracking 2k by now
lets see. AOF 200, lucky necklace 200, jesters hat/reading glasses 150, 140 x3 arms legs gloves, 95 robe of E, 400 luck set, 220 janna's staff

1685 + first level uo statue (200) 1885, goes up 50 points? per year (I think)

the possibility I have forgotten something is exceedingly possible. :) there exists the alternative of using a 140 weapon and a order shield/vesper rep (80) +220 same as staff, also exists the perfection luck bonus, (1000?) which was supposedly confirmed by jeremy some while back as existing. If I am correct theoretically a 4th year vet achieving perfection, using statue, and max suit might break 3000. Kind of overkill.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe someone can help me interpret the full meaning of the table. Unless I'm mistaken, comparing the far left and right sides your luck score has two effects on loot.

True that your higher luck score increases your chances to receive a "bump" to your loot at any given level, but it also appears that, through something similar to diminishing returns, the greater your chance to receive said "bump" the lesser the "bump" affects the qualities of number of mods, and intensities. Is this basically correct?

Devs?

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True that your higher luck score increases your chances to receive a "bump" to your loot at any given level, but it also appears that, through something similar to diminishing returns, the greater your chance to receive said "bump" the lesser the "bump" affects the qualities of number of mods, and intensities. Is this basically correct?
Numbers on the right side show the difference between levels.

For example, with luck 1100 you have chance of 48.94% to be bumped. With luck 1200 you can have 48.94+2.42(=difference between 1100 & 1200 ) = 51.36%.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, lol, for a wonder something fairly straight-forward.

I was looking for something more mysterious, and therefore created what I wanted to see I guess. Thanks for your help.