• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

how long does it take to get the custom uploads

H

HoTDeViL

i did 2 uploads 2 days ago. and i am wondering how long it takes for the team to send it to your inventory.
one of them was a birthday card for a customer lol. the birthday is over already and i think she wont need it anymore heheh

M

Monkeybear

Have you recieved a message saying it was approved?

I

imported_Imasim

I think it depends on when the team gets a look at it. I uploaded a chair and it took 3 days. I also had cards I uploaded that where almost immediate. So it can vary.

I

imported_MooMooLand

I got a message 2 days ago that my chair and statue is approved, but it still dont show, and it still says not approved in my inventory.

H

HoTDeViL

since this was my first try to upload i got another question.
as long as you dont get a message you also dont get charged for the items?
and when do they appear in the inventory? after the message or should they already after crafting them?

I

imported_MooMooLand

No, it will be charged right away, even if you dont get a message. And i think it should show immediately in your inventory, atleast it does for me, but it dosent show as the object i created.

G

You may need to empty your cache in your EALand folder. If you can put it out and others see it. Try that.

H

HoTDeViL

thank you for the answer. then i think just something went wrong. because i didnt get charged and didnt get anything in my inventory.

i did the whole procedure with naming the item, description and picked the number then clicked the ok to upload.

cache just cleared, i will look again after ea-land is up again

i will have to try again then. thank you very much

I

imported_MooMooLand

Sorry, a stupid question, but, what cache? CC cache?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Your custom content cache is where files are loaded on your computer anytime you come in contact with any (cc) custom content in game. Once on your computer ,the cache loads the images faster the next time you come in contact with that same image instead of having to do a full load again.

If your comuter is no loading an object or image that others can see, then you probably need to empty your cache. We now have two CC caches. One for TC3 and one for EALand. You can find the files that need to be deleted in

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EALand\TSOClient\userdata\custom_content_cache\objects\test_center_3

or

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EALand\TSOClient\userdata\custom_content_cache\objects\ea_land

If you do not have the EA-Land installation the files will be located at

C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOClient\userdata\custom_content_cache\objects

I

imported_MooMooLand

woot Thanks alot, i did empty my cache and now i see the CC

G

I'm the schmuck that sits there and approves them all. They are always either approved or rejected within 24 hours. Last weekend, I was not able to get inside our firewall, so that was the only exception to the 24 hour rule.