• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] How long does it take for the UO RNG to drop a particular seed type?

D

DarkVoid

I've been hunting up the colored seeds off bog things/boglings, trying to get some cactus seeds for the new plant crossings. But I've run into a slight snag:

The bog things/boglings now drop 17 (or is it 18?) different varieties of colored seeds instead of the 3 they used to drop!

My question therefore is what are the percentage chances of getting a 'cactus' seed to drop from one of these monsters?

Is it still even possible, or was this fixed and missed by the gardeners?

Hrothgard

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got the blue cactus seed off the bog things and boglings withing first 1/2 hour of hunting in the swamp last week. The yellow cactus seed was probably within the first 1 1/2 hours.

The red seed took me about 6 - 8 hours of swamp hunting.
So from my experience I had gotten 3 yellows and about 6-8 blue cactus seeds and 1 red cactus seed during that time period.

I did this just last week so as far as I know nothing has changed.

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of roughly 50 bogling/bog thing collected seeds, I got 1 yellow prickly pear and 1 red barrel cactus. Figure 30-45 minutes total time...

Which should be just about right, I guess - figure it's not just 18 types, but 18 types X4 - plain, red, blue and yellow. So figure your odds are ~1 in 80, or .0125 - just over 1% per kill...

Hrothgard

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless I am mistaken the OP was looking for the seeds that when ID'd show as "a blue cactus seed" not prickly pears, not tribarrel, just "color cactus seed". It is random but as stated above it took me several days to get one of each of the three colors.