• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How long does a Sim/account need to be inactive for it to be cleared out?

G

Cause I used to play this game a while back (like 3 years ago : O) with the same account, and If I'm not going to have oodles of skill locks and anniversary goodies, and want all hope lost now.

G

3-4 Months to clear everything, I believe. If it's been 3 years since you last played, everything is gone, no doubt.

Hope that doesn't prevent you from playing though, now is a great time to come back!

G

Your avatars, inventory and property are wiped after 90 days after your subscription ends. If you reopen your account after three years of inactivity, there will be nothing left from your earlier days.

Sorry.

There has been talk, about having skill locks tied to each account's paid days and about a one time amnesty to get earned anniversary gifts.

But nothing official has been announced.

F

forsure01

I have a old account that I got a letter from Luc on asking if I would like to reactivate, Below is a portion of the letter. FYI

You can come back for free right now by just downloading the game (here: http://ea-land.ea.com/register/freeTrial.php). If you do so before March 2008, you can get your earned privileges back (gifts, skill locks etc.), but most importantly, you can re-join the game before the rush of new users.

G

You could come back and play free to see if you wanted to convert it to a paid account. As a free account you can only play in Test Center 3 and starting simoleons is $0 I believe. Read the board here and see what all has changed.

I hope they do make it where your locks go according to how many paid days your account has on it.

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

<blockquote><hr>

You could come back and play free to see if you wanted to convert it to a paid account. As a free account you can only play in Test Center 3 and starting simoleons is $0 I believe. Read the board here and see what all has changed.

I hope they do make it where your locks go according to how many paid days your account has on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to http://ea-land.ea.com/ :

You can come back for FREE right now by just downloading the game (here). If you do so before March 2008, you can get your earned 'account based' privileges back (gifts, skill locks etc...), but most importantly, you can re-join the game before the rush of new users.

I

imported_MooMooLand

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its kinda unfair if they decide to give skill locks according to how many days you paid for.
Because now we get skill locks based on Sim age, and we all know a sim will grow older and gain skill locks even if we dont pay for every month.
IMO it would be nice if they would give skill locks according to how long you have been a member.

G

Hope you consider coming back although all your perks are gone!

You never know what will change, I say its worth a shot.

I

imported_corpatortis

we already have gotten anniversary gifts (and may again) for total paid time.

in every game i play the characters all start with the basics. vet rewards are just tiny perks.

it's nice that Luc is offering to give people their benefits back.. but it's to promote more players. If every game kept inactive accounts forever then eventually people would have to result to naming their characters in number sequences while the inactive people just took up server space.

G

WOW thats totally not fair! I took a 6 month leave and came back in November with all my skill locks, mystic trees, and simoleans gone. If I would have know they were gonna make an exception for returning players I would have just waited.

G

<blockquote><hr>

WOW thats totally not fair! I took a 6 month leave and came back in November with all my skill locks, mystic trees, and simoleans gone. If I would have know they were gonna make an exception for returning players I would have just waited.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure the exception is just for returning players.

G

I believe from this will apply universally, for all players registered as subscribers before March 8th.

G

hmm..I consider myself a returning player since the only reason I came back was because of all the changes I heard were coming to game. I dont really care about the simoleans since they were wiped out anyways and the mystic trees I heard in a rumor (not that I listen to rumors) will be gone as well. but the skill locks I lost sure would be nice to have back!

G

If every game kept inactive accounts forever

SL does just that and has 12,288,063 accounts as of last Friday with 92,595 paid accounts the last time they gave a figure last November. I hope TC3/EAL will have a higher % of paid accounts.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If every game kept inactive accounts forever

SL does just that and has 12,288,063 accounts as of last Friday with 92,595 paid accounts the last time they gave a figure last November. I hope TC3/EAL will have a higher % of paid accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but SL also forces a last name.

If EAL did this, then it would not be an issue

G

So this means after my free trial is over, I'll have all my stuff back?!

G

The details on how skill lock and anniversary gift amnesty are still kind of hazy...I don't think we've been given any specifics yet, but with March 8 being just over a month away, I'd imagine we'll be getting details any day now.

G

I played for over a year and left right before I would have gotten my 1 year anniversary statue. When I came back 6 months later..everything was gone but within playing for a few weeks they gave me my anniversary gift. So I am guessing that even though you left the game you will still get your anniversary gifts.