• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How is taming nowadays?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
So I've been out of UO for almost 2 years now. So much has happened in my life in the meantime I can hardly believe it sometimes.

Just how much changed for tamers with the pet revamp?
There's just too much to read so I thought I'd just come and ask.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Along those same lines.. there is so much that has changed nobody has answered because it would be a LOT to type lol.

WB always good seeing a vet return :)

imo taming is the best it has ever been. We actually have plenty of options for strong viable pets instead of the GD. The pet revamp does have some slight issues here and there but overall they knocked it out of the park.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for coming back to me.
I didn't want a full list of all the changes, should have mentioned that to begin with. You description is exactly what I wanted to know, what the players think about it ;)
Unfortunately I didn't return to the game, just came here to the forums to see how taming was doing.

Thanks!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ahh... ok. Definitely worth returning for if you are one who likes the tamer discipline.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Taming now is, interesting, thought provoking, FUN. So much diversity possible.
But it's also full of pitfalls if you're not careful and don't fully understand what is and isn't possible. Too many people have ignored the instruction that you may only have one magical ability. They add a second and then wonder why the first, or original, ability is no longer used and doesn't gain.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
As usual Mrs. Petra speaks the truth. Plenty of write ups on the Tamers forum that will walk you through those situations. For those who do not like reading, you can copy to TC and "train up" your pets there by walking them through gates in New Haven before goofing up on a Prodo Shard.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What Kinslayer said, Can't be stressed enough that TC1 is your best friend in test building pets and not ruining old pets or top tier pets for real :)