• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How is it possibly this difficult? What's my login info?

bnlmatt05

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
This is what is really going to drive players to move back to freeshards and move on... I played UO for probably 9 or so years from 1997-2005 (ish) and have thought about coming back into the game. I saw the dev town hall, got interested and so wanted to come back.

I linked my mythic account or whatever that nonsense was, and resubbed my account - paid and everything. Upgraded to SA.

Nowhere - at least, nowhere that I can find (and i'm pretty sluethy) does it tell me how to log in to the damn game. I would prefer to use the classic client, and I have heard through the grapevine that it's your old account name with _uo at the end--- but what about my password? Is it the same as my Mythic account password? Because if I try to log in with myaccountname_uo and that password through the classic client, no dice --- it says that I should try and check my password.

Sent an email to [email protected] or whatever the address was, no response four days later. Would call--- but no phone number?

I understand that this is a game running on limited resources and the team is doing all they can, but the fact that they 1) rely primarily on a fan support network and 2) overlook such critical issues as, you know, how to log in, even after you give them money - gives me serious cause for concern.

Can anyone here help me out on this one? I understand that people generally tend to play UO DESPITE the developers and BECAUSE of the community support, so I'll throw this one out there to you guys.

Thanks so much-
Grixxitt

T

Tazar

This is what is really going to drive players to move back to freeshards and move on... I played UO for probably 9 or so years from 1997-2005 (ish) and have thought about coming back into the game. I saw the dev town hall, got interested and so wanted to come back.

I linked my mythic account or whatever that nonsense was, and resubbed my account - paid and everything. Upgraded to SA.

Nowhere - at least, nowhere that I can find (and i'm pretty sluethy) does it tell me how to log in to the damn game. I would prefer to use the classic client, and I have heard through the grapevine that it's your old account name with _uo at the end--- but what about my password? Is it the same as my Mythic account password? Because if I try to log in with myaccountname_uo and that password through the classic client, no dice --- it says that I should try and check my password.

Sent an email to [email protected] or whatever the address was, no response four days later. Would call--- but no phone number?

I understand that this is a game running on limited resources and the team is doing all they can, but the fact that they 1) rely primarily on a fan support network and 2) overlook such critical issues as, you know, how to log in, even after you give them money - gives me serious cause for concern.

Can anyone here help me out on this one? I understand that people generally tend to play UO DESPITE the developers and BECAUSE of the community support, so I'll throw this one out there to you guys.

Thanks so much-
Grixxitt
The log-in for the game and your password should not have changed since you last played UO. If you have not, you can download the client at http://www.uo.com/Client-Download Both clients are available there.

If you do not know your old account log-in and password, then you will need to contact support. EA/Mythic no longer supports UO as it is now a Broadsword Online game. You will need to E-mail them at [email protected]. So many accounts have been sold over the years that you will need good information to reclaim an old account. In the e-mail, provide as much info as you know. Account name. Code Key from your original CD. E-mail address tied to the account. Original Billing Credit-Card Number. Original Address or phone number registered to the account, etc.

If you continue to have trouble at that point, feel free to PM me here and I will see what other suggestions that I can come up with.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I've been going through this with one of my old accounts. The more of the following you can give them the better.

Name of the account:
First and Last name on account:
Email on account:
Date of birth on account:
Any character names found on the account (name and shard):
Phone number on the account:
Date when account was opened and closed:
Country and /or State of residency:
Last four digits of credit card on account:
Date of last login to account:

Scallywag_SP

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I was in the same boat and have been trying for over a week to contact bsword, no progress on my account. The replied and directed me to [email protected] with all the info Capt Lucky just posted. I sent out an email early this morning and 4 hours later I GOT MY ACCOUNTS! I didn't have all of the info, but I provided them with Name, DOB, previous addresses, char names/shards, account names, passwords previously used & phone numbers.
:arr:

Last edited: