• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How frustrating :)

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ar! Did I ever tell you the tale of when I hit 64 fishing at the floating market? I pulled up 3 MIB's in the space of a quarter hour Ar! then realised that mi fishin' skills were not good enough to fish them up Ar!

seriously though I was rather frustrated as the initial excitement of fishing them up was some what crused by the fact that I travelled half way arounf the globe to fish one up only to find that it was "too challenging" to fish in that area... school boy error! just a warning to anyone who is starting a fisherman from scratch.

Loving it though. Only problem I have is I have so many types of fish that I am struggling to keep my boat hold in any decent order... Any tips?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ar! Did I ever tell you the tale of when I hit 64 fishing at the floating market? I pulled up 3 MIB's in the space of a quarter hour Ar! then realised that mi fishin' skills were not good enough to fish them up Ar!

seriously though I was rather frustrated as the initial excitement of fishing them up was some what crused by the fact that I travelled half way arounf the globe to fish one up only to find that it was "too challenging" to fish in that area... school boy error! just a warning to anyone who is starting a fisherman from scratch.

Loving it though. Only problem I have is I have so many types of fish that I am struggling to keep my boat hold in any decent order... Any tips?

If you have upgraded to the High Seas Booster pack, the new ships have a much larger Hold. The Tokuno, for example, has a hold that can hold up to 16,000 stones of weight.

Besides, these Holds work as a bank in the sense that you can use commodity deeds in them. So, whenever you fill up the hold get your fish and turn them into little weight commodity deeds........

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool, I have the tokuno ship but I can't seethe bottom of the hold any more. I have changed to putting them in boxes now but i still have so many boxes it gets confusing! its good fun though! is over 6 years since i last played a fisherman hehe.

S

Skaribis

containers weigh out to fast in my hold, ive found a nice way, put one bag, for other items, like, gold, leather, delecate scales, and serp scales. then all your fish face one way or another, i put all like facing rowed along top, then same for other facing rowed along bottom, then i just throw my fish in the hold closed, autostack. works great for me :)

J

jpullen8874

First off, the enhanced client really help with fishing. The new container layout is much better for large amounts, like all the fish you will need. As for filling it up I just take my boat to Nujelm. You can park the boat by the bank and still open you bank. Then just drop the fish from your hold straight in to the bank, no need for commodity deeds. Although with the enhanced client there is a bug where it is difficult to move from deep water to shallow water, so you just have to try really hard to get the boat in close enough in the small area to open the bank from the ship. Hope this helps, and keep fishing.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
had not considered the enhanced client, I understand it shows backpacks and the likes as a grid. I will do the dump in the hold and auto stack then use this to find the fish for quests. Thanks all.

J

jpullen8874

Even better with the EC is the list view for containers. Switch to that and it shows all the fish by name, very easy to find the ones you need for orders.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the tip, I will Download the eh client and give it a try.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use 2 methods (classinc client only).

1) I fish and toss the fish into the closed hold so it autoautostacks. When the hold is full i grab a commodity box, put the fish on deeds and gate home with the lot. I use 4 chests at home. One for shallow, one for deep, one for dungon fish and the last for crabs/lobsters. I have fished enough to know where to look when iam after a certain fish for the quests.

2) I fish with a beetle. I fill the beetle until it carries 1600 stones. Then i gate home and drag the fish into teh proper chest. This method is prefered when using a small boat. ;)

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sounds good to me Kas Althume. My fisherman is at GM but I need to start fishing and would like to know where do I get the orders to be filled? My Fisherman owns the old classic dragon ships and hasn't bought a new one. *That shows you how far behind I am in the High Seas world.*

Ooops .. just read the first post on UHALL and it's all about FISHING. Thanks. I think I can figure it out now.. hopefully.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My method of Hold arrangement, I call "4 Corners"

I have 3 packs/pouches in the Upper Left for named Lobsters, 3 in the Upper Right for named Crabs (2 types per pack, alphabetical order). Between the two corners, are stacks of the 4 normal types, with a pouch for baits, empty commodity deeds and miscellaneous in between the normal Lobsters and Normal Crabs.

Bottom left corner are 6 or so packs/pouches for Shallow Water fish. Bottom right has 8 pouches for deepwater fish.bottom center has any extra traps I might have at the time. Fish on each side are sorted by body shape and orientation.

Big fish (including rare ones) go in the middle of the hold, along with the quests I'm working on at the time. The corner arrangements mean that no quest crate will obscure more than one pouch at a time, and will usually leave.

If a fish type hits 20, I grab an empty deed, deed them, and take them to my house to keep for later quests. This reduces (but does not completely eliminate) the problems with containers in the hold still being limited to 400 stone. If I am doing multiple quests (not tried yet since publish), it is also necessary to do this to keep the hold under 125 items.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
By the way, some folks may not be aware, your hold acts as a commodity box...no need to bring one--just bring empty commodity deeds.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way, some folks may not be aware, your hold acts as a commodity box...no need to bring one--just bring empty commodity deeds.
Aye, i noticed that last week. Before that i always recalled with a chest to the boat. ;)