• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How exactly does blood oath and the dark father work?

M

MrMiagi

I hit the Dark Father for 100 physical damage, blood oath is on me and I have 0 magic resist, but my physical and all elemental resists are 70, how much damage do I take? Does my own physical resist reduce the damage dealt back to me?

Now the same situation again only this time I have 100 in resisting spells, how much damage do I take?

G

Ok I believe that your gonna take the damage you would have dealt to the DF, it doesnt look at either your MR or resists, it will calculate the damage against the DF's resists.

Your MR will lower the time you are under the effect of blood oath though

G

Magic Resist does reduce the damage you take and the length Blood Oath lasts.

Blood Oath
Words of Power: In Jux Mani Xen
Reagents: DB
Casting Time: 1.5 seconds
Mana Cost: 13
Effect: Links to a single enemy, handing back a great deal of the damage they inflict upon you. Duration in Seconds = (Caster's Spirit Speak - Target's Resist) ÷ 8 + 8. Magic Resist will reduce the damage done by (Resist Spells x 10)/20 + 10 = percentage of damage resisted.

Why i easily kill Necro's who Blood Oath me with my Macer. He has 110.0 Resist for a damage reduction of 65% against Blood Oath, and i use Conc Blows. I only take 35% of the damage from my weapon hit (And any Hit effect on it), and i don't take damage from the Concussion Blow since Blood Oath doesn't reflect it because Conc Blow deals direct damage.

M

MrMiagi

What's the chances of him casting blood oath on you? Say there's a few people around, a few tanking greater dragons, is he going to blood oath on you if you're hitting him from range?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Say there's a few people around, a few tanking greater dragons, is he going to blood oath on you if you're hitting him from range?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what the chances are, but count on it happening. I regularly get blood oath'd on my archer. If you don't have resist, you need to disarm asap or run out of range or you'll find yourself taking alot of damage or - worse yet, dead.

G

The DF has the "Beetle Burst" ability. When hit with a ranged attack, whether it be a Bolt/Arrow or from Magic, he tries to lock on the ranged attacker and charge them at Paragon Speed, if not a little faster. It's called "Beetle Burst" because Giant Beetles and Fire Beetles do the exact same thing, they get a burst of speed when hit with a ranged attack. Which is probably why you're getting hit with Blood Oath so often on your Archer.