• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How exactly do you unravel?

U

uomlplayer

I know you need a soulforge,but what else do you need?i.e a hammer?,tinker tool?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Use the skill actively, like you'd use hiding.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is also a bag you can buy that acts similar to a recycling bag so that you can do bulk unraveling.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh so no dungeon unraveling? Can you fail to unravel like smelting and lose the item without getting anything for it? What skill level do you need for the 3 resources?

Fogsbane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Retributon, during my testing, it never failed nor lost any item during unraveling -
It either worked at the needed skill level or returned the message "You cannot magically unravel this item".

The imbuing skill levels, for me on retribution test, to enable a successful unravel attempt were =
Magical Residue = 0 Imbuing skill
Enchanted Essence = 50.1 Imbuing skill
Relic Fragment = 95.1 Imbuing skill

These imbuing skill levels were also necessary for Item Identification success,
to be able to tell what an item would produce from unraveling.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
TYfor the info.
I have been collecting loot to unravil, can I place the bag in the unravil bag and have the loot unravil? Or do I have to take everything out of the bag and place them in the unravil bag?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
TYfor the info.
I have been collecting loot to unravil, can I place the bag in the unravil bag and have the loot unravil? Or do I have to take everything out of the bag and place them in the unravil bag?
you can just put the bag in the unravel bag

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It behaves very much like a recycling bag, but has two settings: one to unravel all regular magical items in the bag and one that will also unravel any artifacts you've put in it. (it's a safety feature in case you put something you didn't mean to into it)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
TYfor the info.
Thank you very much for the info. I have 10 bags full (lol) so far and didn't want to unload all of them.:danceb:

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TYfor the info.
Thany you very much for the info. I have 10 bags full (lol) so far and didn't want to unload all of them.:danceb:
This does not mean it will work as you want.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This does not mean it will work as you want.
What do you mean? I want to but a full bag of loot into the unravil bag and have it unravil the loot that my skill is able to unravil. What is left over will be placed in chests for unraviling later as skill grows.

Idahoan

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there only one soulforge or can you get one and place in your home?

Do I understand correctly that you do not need any resources other than the item itself to unravel it?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there only one soulforge or can you get one and place in your home?

Do I understand correctly that you do not need any resources other than the item itself to unravel it?

There are soulforges in the Gargoyle down and you can craft them to place them home.

Yes only need the item to unravel.

Y

Yalp

so when you are first starting out, you don't want to dump everything into the unraveling bag, since you only gain for 1 use. Put them in 1 at a time to get skill gains?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe each unraveled item is treated as a separate action. But given that you're only talking about the first 25.0 skill, it really doesn't make a big difference - if you're serious about imbuing, I'd be tempted to start a custom character with 50.0 skill.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I believe each unraveled item is treated as a separate action. But given that you're only talking about the first 25.0 skill, it really doesn't make a big difference - if you're serious about imbuing, I'd be tempted to start a custom character with 50.0 skill.
That what I am going to do I already have my skills removed from one of my characters ..emptied her bank and will delete her tonight after I remove the last couple skills (stones were not ready yet till tonight)!
and will start a 50 imbuing gargoyle tommorrow

Y

Yalp

of course! That makes so much sense. forgot about the new toon creation using the advanced option..

Hey I'd pay some good money to buy an advanced character token wtih the new skills up to 85! {Just in case someone from EA wanders into this thread}