• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How does this happen.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The owner of this house had it go into idoc, (he rarely plays these days) but logged in and fixed it, had to replace my vendors. He then cleared out close to 1600 available lockdowns as I mentioned it was that full and only had about 80 lockdowns available so you couldn't lock a box down to stock.

No problem the next week or so, another person replaced their vendors. I would stock as normal, transferred a character over today to stock and went to lock down a box and found this. There is no way over 8k worth of items can of got in the moving crate in a week when he hasn't even logged on is there, nor any vendors collapse or anything? Not sure how this is possible.

1612995545916.png

As you see if you look at max storage - lockdowns and secures there SHOULD be 1556 lockdowns available, which is what it said last week when i checked.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
did he have mannequins up?
wondered if it being in IDOC, if they were thrown into the moving crate.
And did somehow his jewelry boxes go in there?
they count each item inside.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My guess would be BOD vendors that ran out of gold. Happened to me once and I landed on a few thousand negative.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My guess would be BOD vendors that ran out of gold. Happened to me once and I landed on a few thousand negative.
Exact reason I will not exploit the BOD bug storing on vendors to save lockdowns. Between that and the possibility the Devs decide to make a silent update to how BODs work on vendors (ie they all go for sale for just a few gps), I'd prefer to know they won't go anywhere until I want to use them.

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Exact reason I will not exploit the BOD bug storing on vendors to save lockdowns. Between that and the possibility the Devs decide to make a silent update to how BODs work on vendors (ie they all go for sale for just a few gps), I'd prefer to know they won't go anywhere until I want to use them.
It nerg uh exploited bug - eben da developerz said to dooz it dat way

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I agree with Sweetpeez.
mesanna has said many times, that we can store BODs on vendors.
but you CAN'T store ones for sell, with ones not for sell.
And you are supposed to name it not for sale.
(so when people look on house sign for vendors, that they don't have to look at ones not for sale)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree with Sweetpeez.
mesanna has said many times, that we can store BODs on vendors.
but you CAN'T store ones for sell, with ones not for sell.
And you are supposed to name it not for sale.
(so when people look on house sign for vendors, that they don't have to look at ones not for sale)

Or better yet if your vendor doesn't have anything on it for sale... set it to not be included in vendor search as well. You can do that.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There were no bod vendors at this place. I am thinking once the 'time' expired for the vendors to get their vendors back like I did, that they then 'disolved' to cheques and items to the house owner. I got my stuff within a day of this going idoc and the dude logging in to fix it so my cash, inventory and vendor clothes were still 'mine'. Have a feeling after the past couple of weeks expired that those vendors who didn't claim their stuff may of 'lost' it to the house owner? Not sure how that works as I have never 'rented' spots at my mall in Oceania to test it.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There were no bod vendors at this place. I am thinking once the 'time' expired for the vendors to get their vendors back like I did, that they then 'disolved' to cheques and items to the house owner. I got my stuff within a day of this going idoc and the dude logging in to fix it so my cash, inventory and vendor clothes were still 'mine'. Have a feeling after the past couple of weeks expired that those vendors who didn't claim their stuff may of 'lost' it to the house owner? Not sure how that works as I have never 'rented' spots at my mall in Oceania to test it.
All the stuff in the rentals vendors goes to the house owner (and into the crate) if it is not claimed. I have had another account place vendors at another home I own and I tend to starve them off. All the stuff would go into the crate due to my lack of attention.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All the stuff in the rentals vendors goes to the house owner (and into the crate) if it is not claimed. I have had another account place vendors at another home I own and I tend to starve them off. All the stuff would go into the crate due to my lack of attention.
Good way for house owners to 'clean up' isnt it lol. I mean if I had been away on one of my trips for a month and hadn't been around all my goods and money would of gone to the house owner. They would have no way of determining what stuff and $$ belonged to which person if they had a house with multiple unclaimed vendors on it.

The fact that there were 8200 'items' hitting the crate at once, would mean (given a LOT of the vendors on the house were sitting empty and had been for ages) that a LOT of them must of just had money only. I reckon at least 7500 of those would be cheques if not MORE. Great way to pick up 7 1/2 plat. I know a friend of mine had two vendors at the same place and they had been empty of stock for well over a yr, he gave me his accounts to clean up a about 9mths or so ago, and at the time his two vendors had 400,000,000 and 250,000,000 respectively on them so wouldn't be hard to amass over 7 plat. I reckon about 80% of the vendors he had there have not been claimed, only three of us have reset up our vendors out of at least a dozen or more ppl who had vendors there.

Seriously it really should be if the house goes IDOC, (which is the total responsibility of the house owner as renters have no control over this), all stock and money should go into the bank of the renters account not to the house owner. Just another thing to be wary of I guess. I know we did NOT have month to claim the stuff as I got told on the 28th of jan that it had gone idoc and to come and get my stuff and set the vendors back up, and it was sometime before the 11 Feb that all those lockdowns hit the crate. So seems like about 2 weeks.

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BOD books should take up only 1 lockdown regardless of how many bods are in it. Just like EVERY other item that holds other items!
They don't. But there's more. A book that's been secured in itself has a different number of lockdowns compared to a book inside a chest.