• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How does the spawn for the new fish work?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I just added high seas to my account and am starting a new fisher man. At 50 skill I went and got a quest for Pumpkinseed Sunfish. They are supposed to be able to be caught in shallow water and from 0-70 skill but I have only caught one. I am fishing at skara brae. I guess what I am wondering is are there better places than others for specific named fish? I have also tried fishing from a boat in shallow water but same thing. In about 3 hours I only have one Pumpkinseed Sunfish.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
When it comes back online there is a great page here:
Redirect

Or IF it is in the same spot after everything is fixed *shrugs*

At any rate, the best I can remember the higher the skill the more chance you have at catching one of the new fish. At 50 skill it does take quite a while to get anything but old fish and shoes etc. I remember it taking days to complete a 10x quest, and that was at 70 skill range when it launched.

But no special locations when it comes to the normal new fish. Shallow water in any area will yield the same results sadly. Trophy fish are different tho.

Barefoot Scribe

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of the new fish types are found in shallow water and others are only in deeper water. At lower skill levles you have a better chance at catching shallow water fish (like pumpkinseeds). Some of us have found the crystal ball of knowlege (obtained from a quest in Ter Mur Royal City) to be a really good aid in gaining fishing skill as it lets you know if you are in the correct water depth to gain skill points optimally.