• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tinkering] how do you unlock traped chests?

• Thread starter YuriGaDaisukiDa
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

i went on the test shard to see how traps work, but i cant make an unlocked trapped chest, if it is locked, the trap is active, but i can open, if i unlock it, the trap deactivates

how do i make it so i can blow myself up?

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

i managed to blow myself up by lockpicking it, but is there a way to unlock it without setting off the trap, so simply opening it will set it off?

K

Kallie Pigeon

There is a skill called remove traps and you need to have detect hidden to use that skill so most people use the magery spell telekinesis to blow the trap but you need to be about 4 spaces away fromt he chest to avoid damage. Look in the fishing /treasure hunting FAQ section.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If the chest is lockable, it's simply a matter of picking it (or maybe even using the unlock spell at high magery), then not opening it.

Only the act of OPENING a box (not unlocking it) triggers a trap; I would gather (not having done such containers) that unlocking a chest with its real key deactivates the trap too, from your description.

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

on the test server when i used a lock pick at gm lockpicking, it set off the trap every time