• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] how do you train Diso legally? i got a 24 hour ban for discoing an animal

O

OxAO

in my house in a very quite area of fel?

Why? this seems so wrong. How do you train the skill legally?
I answered him immediately. I was NOT away from keys.

Been playing from day one and I got my first ban for having an animal in my house.

When does this stupid strike against my account go away?

I am so pissed.

D

Demoquin84

Exactly 24 hours from offense.

Was the critter in a locked room or something?

O

OxAO

Exactly 24 hours from offense.

Was the critter in a locked room or something?
no doors were locked

how long does it take for the strike against my account to go away?
or should I ask is there a 3 strike law still in effect?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, sorry. It is not allowed to pen untamed animals in a house, has been for as long as I've played.

O

OxAO

yes, sorry. It is not allowed to pen untamed animals in a house, has been for as long as I've played.
is a NPC building a 'house'?
I have been paying this game for since 97 and still don't know these stupid rule's.

What I understood is you couldn't pen a monster down in a house.
I didn't know you couldn't have an animal wandering around the house.

O

OxAO

From the link you gave me it specifically says:
This also applies to “animal pens” or “Safe areas” in the game world. If the animal/monster cannot damage you, then you are abusing the system and will be asked to stop.

The answer would be 'no' as long as the animal can damage you.

My house was being used exactly like a NPC house.

The ban was unwarranted.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then fill in a 'gm review' form and query it. I don't know the circumstances and I don't work for EA.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Discord isn't a flagging action so the pet wouldn't damage you anyway. But good luck getting a GM to actually hear how something works.

O

OxAO

Then fill in a 'gm review' form and query it. I don't know the circumstances and I don't work for EA.
how do you do that? i sent something in at EA.com site but I am not really positive it was the right place.
Sorry, I know I just did this a few days ago but I can not remember how to did that.

A couple days earlier i just gave a GM a nice review.
it was the first time I seen a GM in a decade and he was really nice.

O

OxAO

Discord isn't a flagging action so the pet wouldn't damage you anyway. But good luck getting a GM to actually hear how something works.
exactly so there is no reason to block the animal in.

i don't see how they can get me on this according to their rules I have to be vulnerable to the animal which i was.

It was only one animal that I was discording. It wasn't a flock like I see most do.
this is really annoying me.

C

Capt.E

1. Training disco is incredibly boring.
2. Someone reported you. Bummer
3. I got on a boat and went to travesty area. I didn't block anything, the hiryu came to me. I was fishing at the time...yeah, that's what happened.. And I decided to entertain the little birdie with some music. I honestly dont know if this is against TOS or not. But I don't think I broke any rules.

O

OxAO

1. Training disco is incredibly boring.
2. Someone reported you. Bummer
3. I got on a boat and went to travesty area. I didn't block anything, the hiryu came to me. I was fishing at the time...yeah, that's what happened.. And I decided to entertain the little birdie with some music. I honestly dont know if this is against TOS or not. But I don't think I broke any rules.
difference is I am not making anything up.
If they want their costumers to lie and cheat we could play that game to.

According to their own rules on their site I shouldn't have been banned.
The animal was allowed to move and was able to strike me.

If they want to create new rules they need to state what those are.

C

Capt.E

I think it's the whole skillgain off of a monster inside your house thing. Some people I know got permabanned back in the day for house gaining. I understand your frustration, but I don't train anything in my house anymore because of people reporting me. The fact that they are wasting a GM's time is bothersome to me. It's always a fun conversation though. I usually respond with a heck no, who could possibly think this is fun line. Anywho, it's your first strike, not that big a deal, just be careful.

O

OxAO

when does the strike go away?

I know how things work for me... bad things seem to happen in 3's.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

If you mean the account mark, they never go away, the only way to get rid of it is to transfer the account using their official transfer system.

O

OxAO

If you mean the account mark, they never go away, the only way to get rid of it is to transfer the account using their official transfer system.
That doesn't make sense.

If you got two marks 10 years ago and on mark today you would be banned.

anyway... back to the original question:
how do you train Diso legally?

M

Muu Bin

Leave the animals out in the open, where they can wander at will. Depending on what skill level you are at, find a place where there are a lot of animals of the same type in - i.e. polar bears on Ice Island, cu sidhes in the Twisted Weald, etc... Once you've gotten all you can off of them, kill them. If you can't kill them then move on to another area. If your bard is a tamer as well, then tame them and donate them to the zoo. It takes time and if you don't have that then maybe you should switch to a different template (Note: I'm not trying to be a jerk with this statement - some people really just don't have the time).

O

OxAO

Leave the animals out in the open, where they can wander at will. Depending on what skill level you are at, find a place where there are a lot of animals of the same type in - i.e. polar bears on Ice Island, cu sidhes in the Twisted Weald, etc... Once you've gotten all you can off of them, kill them. If you can't kill them then move on to another area. If your bard is a tamer as well, then tame them and donate them to the zoo. It takes time and if you don't have that then maybe you should switch to a different template (Note: I'm not trying to be a jerk with this statement - some people really just don't have the time).
That isn't training that is using the skill in combat
Training is a processes of drills and exercises.

Would you send real troops out on the battle field without training?

Again how do you train Disco legally?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i wouldnt be to worried about the marks against your account.
over the last 12 years ive gotten more then my fair share of marks.

and they must fall off your account, cause id be banned by now if they stacked up.

as for training.
if you dont wanna train it as you play then id just release some critters in a area of the forest where you wanna train.

if they wonder away some, then just attack them to lure them back then invis and carry on.

you had bad luck and someone came by your house and saw it full of 800 animals.
can you really blame them for calling a GM?

but that does suck.

and i must admit, your the 3rd person ive heard of in the last couple months who has gotten nailed for doing this.

O

OxAO

if they wonder away some, then just attack them to lure them back then invis and carry on.
Poo:
thank you that does sound like an answer for disco.

Attack Disco and invis

Would this work for provo?
Attack both provo peace/confusion pot cure/heal self/animals(fel only)

Then would this be legal?... I feel like I just don't know anymore.

I personally believe the rule is flat wrong.
When a rule is wrong no one should be paying attention to it.
Yes i do blame the person that turned me in as much as the GM that banned me and the short sighted people that made the rule.

That is how bad laws work in real life.
but we don't need to get into that here.

What really bugs me the most is according to there rules at those links Disco should be legal in a house as long as you allow the animal to move around freely. If they want to say you can not train barding skills in a house then just say, no barding skills are allowed in a house. Or Just nullify the skill in a house like they do with Margery skills in different locations.

Thanks again Poo

D

Demoquin84

How can the animal move around freely? You are penning it in your house. Unless it is a gorilla, as they have apposble thumbs and can open up doors.

O

OxAO

How can the animal move around freely? You are penning it in your house. Unless it is a gorilla, as they have apposble thumbs and can open up doors.
"If the animal/monster cannot damage you, then you are abusing the system and will be asked to stop."
Blocking is what they had an issue with houses at least that is what they said.

penning in your house or in a NPC house is legal according to their own statements as long as the animal can damage you.
That is what they said.

R

Rainfo X

imo training bard skills legally (specificaly provo and disco) is basically broken. you either have to play and gain (dreadfully) slowly over time. otherwise its frustratingly slow to try and "train" 'legally.'

so since the skills are broken for the player, the players' best option is to break the game right back and, well, do what the OP was doing (quite understandably) and hope you dont get "caught" for doing something which, like i said, is completely understandable given the way the game works. since even Poo admits this you know its true.

imo skill gain in UO needs a reworking so that players are less encouraged to macro and more encouraged to play the game while still gaining their skills at a reasonably steady rate. this means either a tweaking of ggs in general and/or a balancing of individual skills.

L

LionUWF

i have a house in the deepest darkest corner of atlantic where no man has stepped except myself is years, however when i get my pets penned up two or three people alwasy walk by and my butt cletches til they go away.lol.

just gota be a bit smart about it is all :)

'what? but this isnt my house you can cleary see its setup on a brand new account, i just came across these poor innocent animals and was trying to lull them into a peaceful slumber with this here harp Mr EM Man/miss'

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i saw a chick doing that in a luna house once.

not for very long mind you.

L

LionUWF

lol aye

if your daft enough to do this in a place like luna you deserve the ban, hell id be tempted to call a GM myself on that person if only to improve the chances of the UO genepool by killing off the stupid.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
lol aye

if your daft enough to do this in a place like luna you deserve the ban, hell id be tempted to call a GM myself on that person if only to improve the chances of the UO genepool by killing off the stupid.
lmao. You're a true public servant, Lion. :lol: