• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do you recharge a cannon?

I

imported_Lord Kynd

is this listed somewhere , like maybe in the item database ?

G

From the most recent Vet Rewards update:

The following is the 7th year reward item that will be available to players whose accounts have been active for 84 months or more. Only those characters on accounts aged 84 months or more will be able to select or use the 7th year reward item.

Decorative Cannon
<ul>[*]This is a decoration for your house
[*]Can be rotated
[*]Can be fired
[*]Will make a cannon firing sound
[*]Will have a particle effect
[*]Requires a powder keg to be reloaded [/list]

G

Alright, I played around with the greater explosion potions. I can't figure out how to reload it with them though. Does anyone know exactly how it's done?

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Requires a powder keg to be reloaded?

Huh?

Uhhhh...wha?????? Where? How/who/what can make a powder keg???

G

Hehe - that's just fancy talk for a keg of explosion potions. Once the cannon is out of charges, put a full explosion keg in the top level of your backpack (not inside any other containers). Double click the cannon like you were going to fire it and you'll be prompted to recharge it.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was going to say....I knew I had used GE to charge mine before, but couldn't remember how I had charged it.

That reminds me...i need to go find some reds to "attacK" my castle so I have a reason to fire the cannon for giggles....

G

So the cannons actually do damge huh? Didn't know that. Thought they justed fired for effect. Also, just an fyi, when you recharge the cannon, you get 15 charges rather than the normal starting 10.

I

imported_Lariat

<blockquote><hr>

How do you recharge a cannon?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I would think it would depend on what type of Canon product you have. Some may have internal batteries that require you to plug them into a standard wall outlet in much the same way you recharge a cell phone. This is most likely the case with camcorders. Other Canon products such as their line of digital cameras often use disposable batteries that you simply replace once they've been depleted. Now, you can of course buy rechargeable batteries for such devices, but you should follow the instructions for those provided by the manufacturer. Lastly, some Canon products such as their printers do not require recharging, as they simply remained plugged into a wall outlet to remain powered.

No need to thank me, it was my pleasure to be as helpful as I ever am.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

So the cannons actually do damge huh? Didn't know that. Thought they justed fired for effect. Also, just an fyi, when you recharge the cannon, you get 15 charges rather than the normal starting 10.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope...no damage..but it would have been fun to do it anyhow =P

i have a twisted since of humor.

G

The first time I had to recharge my cannon I was not quite figuring it out, then it dawned on me...just pretend that cannon is a horse and I am feeding it an apple well keg of explosion. The cannon ate the keg recharged.

It will give us different amts. of charges as per type of explosion.. lesser expl. will give us less charges, med will give us middle charges ..greater explosion gives us more bang charges.. for the keg or buck.

G

Actually, the most cost-effective way to recharge cannons is using normal explosion. Greater explosion takes twice the regs to make and has a 30% fail rate (without an enhancement, such as a talisman). Normal explosion uses half the regs and has a 100% chance to succeed at GM with no talisman. You'd still come out behind even if you succeed at greater every time since it uses 200% the regs of normal and only gives the cannon 50% more charges.

G

Getting Sulphurous Ash isn't much of a problem, you can go down into the Fire Dungeon and kill the Fire Steed that spawns, they give a TON of Sulphurous Ash and Rubies. It respawns in a random part of the Fire Dungeon after the previous one was killed, no longer takes them 8+ Hours to respawn too.

G

Nice to know, though I'm not sure my alchemist can kill those fire steeds.

Still, it takes at least 1k ash to make one keg greater explosion while that same 1k would make two normal explosion potions that would result in a total of 20 charges to the cannon instead of 15 for the same (actually, slightly more) ash.

Maybe I'm just cheap.

G

Cannons should do flamestrike damage to people camping your house.